The Guide to Amazing Skin for the Broke College Student
Beauty Fashion

The best ways to keep your skin looking fresh, even when you're balling on a budget.

501

For as long as I can remember, my skin was terrible. In high school I had acne everywhere and I remember being very self conscious about it. The more acne I had, the more I wanted to wear makeup, which clogged my pores more and made my skin worse. The best thing you can do for your skin is sticking to a routine. It's nice to splurge on skincare every now and then, but if your a broke college student like I am, there are a few things you can use that won't hurt your wallet.

1. Cetaphil Cleanser ($8.99 at Target)

This is the best drugstore cleanser I have ever used. It's the one my dermatologist has recommended to me. It's under $10 and works miracles. If you use this strictly twice a day, I promise your skin will clear up.

Image result for cetaphil

2. Cetaphil Moisturizer ($10.79 at Target)

I don't care how oily your skin is, you need to moisturize. Many people think moisturizing makes your face more oily, but it does just the opposite. It balances your skin tone and your oil levels. This one is just above $10, and it also works wonders. Using this product has helped me tremendously. It has also helped balance my oil levels; I used to have extremely oily skin, but over the years it has calmed down a lot.

Image result for cetaphil moisturizer

3. Simple Toner ($4.69 at Target)

This step is so important. Right after you wash your face, use toner to get off the excess makeup. You don't realize how much makeup is left on your face after you wash it. Although it may look clean, it probably isn't completely clean yet. Use this with a cotton round and your face with thank you later.

Image result for simple toner

4. Drink a lot of water! (Free)

I'm sure you've heard this tip countless of times. But, seriously: drink a lot of water! You should be drinking a half your body weight in ounces every day. That is, if you weigh 100 pounds, you should drink 50 oz of water a day. Trust me, this one helps more than you know. You will definitely see a difference after a week with this simple tip.

These are my four tips for a broke college student like myself. Try them and see how well they work for you!