The Semester Has Begun, And It's Going To Be Okay

A note to those who are starting to feel overwhelmed as the school year starts back up.

74
Photo by Artem Bali

It's the second semester of college, and we are here at the start of a new beginning for both freshmen and seniors alike. No matter who you are, we all have our struggles and obstacles.

For me, it's winter time.

Sometimes, it can be fun, whether you are spending hours being cozy indoors, watching your favorite television shows or movies, or if you are lucky enough, getting to play outside in the snow and feel like a kid again. But, one of the downsides of the winter time is the limited time you can spend outdoors. If you are anything like me, then you know how hard it is when you don't get enough sunshine.

But, before you know it, spring will have sprung, the flowers will bloom, and the second semester will be over and done with.

Until that time, be sure not to rush through the winter. Try to live a little in the most fun ways, make the best of the cold season, and most importantly, be sure to take advantage of the days where mother nature decides to turn up the thermostat. Remember this feeling next July when you're blasting the AC, and wishing for cooler temperatures.

If you're not one of those people who feel bummed out in the winter, maybe you're feeling overwhelmed with school. I'm here to tell you that it's okay. Of course, you should always try your best and aim for success, but know that you will be okay if not every assignment is perfect.

Remember to take time to enjoy life, do things that make you happy, and surround yourself with those who bring you joy. As this semester is starting to turn on full motion, know that you will be okay and that we will all get through this.