The safety of online dating

The safety of online dating

safety of online dating

27

In a time where social media is so popular, it's no surprise that there are many different websites and apps for online dating. It's a great way to meet new people you'd otherwise never know if it weren't for the website. And who knows, maybe you will or already have met the love of your life on a dating app. However, everyone should be aware of the safety of online dating, because although it's a great new way to possibly find love, it can also be very dangerous. So here are some tips on the safety of online dating.

First, make sure the person you're talking to is actually a real person. This can be difficult to figure out sometimes because fake accounts can seem very real. And if you're not willing to give out your social media accounts or phone number right away, it can be even harder. A big red flag is if they send you a link to click. Whatever you do, don't click it because it's most likely a virus or someone trying to steal your information. If you want to find out if the person is real, engage in conversation, and keep talking until it's more obvious if the person is real or not.

Second, if you decide to meet the person, do it in a public place the first few times until you're comfortable enough to spend time alone. There's no need to rush anything, especially with online dating. Take your time getting to know the person until it feels safe enough to invite him or her over or vice versa.

Lastly, listen to your instincts. Have fun, engage in conversation and when you've met a person already, listen to the vibes you get from them. If it feels like they're a creeper then they probably are and you should abort mission immediately.

Most importantly, have fun! It's an amazing world that we live in that we get to experience dating in many different kinds of ways. And who knows, maybe your future husband or wife is waiting for you on the world wide web as we speak!