The Reason For The Season

The Reason For The Season

The real meaning of Christmas

15
The Reason For The Season
Clip Art Fest

Everyone loves this time of year, I mean what's not to love? The pretty lights, the joy, all the decorations, the gifts, the love, and family time. Oh, let's not forget the food! Christmas is a wonderful time of year. During this busy season, we often get so caught up in everything we forget the actual true meaning of Christmas.

Despite all the secular views and characteristics of Christmas, there is a deeper and more miraculous meaning than what is often said. Christmas isn't just a time to celebrate family and enjoy gifts and food, it is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.

A virgin giving birth to God's son in a manger, in a stable? Seems really crazy to those who don't believe in God or Jesus, but to those of us who do, it's proof of God's ability to do all and conquer all. It is proof and existence of his love, to send his only son to be born in a lowly manger. The savior of the world came and changed the world so what better meaning behind Christmas is there? Not one! Everything changed on that day, a man who was sent to save and love the world was born. So, next time you get stressed and busy planning holiday events stop and take a minute to admire the greatest gift of all.