Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day

The Holiday of Family, Friends and Food.

2
Thanksgiving Day
Google

Thanksgiving is a joyous, momentous occasion for my family. I know that not everybody celebrates Thanksgiving but for me it involves receiving texts from family members and friends and it is usually a tradition for family members to all gather at one of the family member’s house which is generally a rotated task. The places can range from one of Uncle’s house, my grandma’s house or my mom’s house. These are the suspected places. The fun part about it is there is generally a set time that gets sent out to all family members through different means of communication and then once the location is known to all where we are meeting everyone prepares some sort of dish or gets some food for the occasion. The other fun part is rekindling relationships with certain family members that are not always repeats at these types of family gatherings, the ones who claim they have seen you since such and such time but it is nice to see them again and the reasoning could be possibly there was just never a chance for you to see that specific family member or friend.

The main reason is that people seem to have routines for where they go to for the holidays as well. Thanksgiving beings memories of either having the ingredients ready early or getting them semi-last minute and striving to gather these food materials amongst the crowd of late starters that are gathered in the grocery stores and other stores. The food and the conversations that are had can be interesting. In my family it seems like there is always an opportunity for parents and others to gather at a table and talk about things and laugh. The little kids talk about the most unusual things although that makes it even funnier in my opinion.

My Thanksgiving makes me feel warm and happy always able to enjoy the food that was cooked by many and appreciate what I am thankful for. Thanksgiving always feels like the preparation for what may be to come and for me it is also the gracious and well needed break that comes before finals are headed my way. I like hearing about how my family has been doing, what they have been up to, and just exchanging stories with them. My favorite food during this Thanksgiving was the mac and cheese, the deviled eggs, the ham and the sweet potato casserole. I really do enjoy the holidays and just find them to be very special. What is one the things that makes the holidays special to you? Family, friends and fun that makes a good time in my book!