The Power of Invisible Creatures

The Power of Invisible Creatures

Getting addicted to making people smile.

33
The Power of Invisible Creatures
goodfon.com

I am constantly amazed by people. One moment, you're moved to tears by a beautiful song that a passionate musician was brave enough to present to a nameless crowd, the other, you're forced to tears by a lover that should have been more of a friend. Isn't it funny how the same creatures that stir inside you such powerful inspiration and joy, can tear down your fading facade of confidence depending on which one you encounter?

How, I wonder, can I be a creature that spreads life? One that when I walk into a room, people feel their sorrows drift away with just one smile. Why, I wonder, do I tend to feel that more often I'm the latter. My thoughts drift to worse case scenarios and I unintentionally drag others down by the weight of my sorrow. Then, I question, is my small life powerful enough to even have an impact?

Why is it that something that is invisible does the most damage? You can't see a song that opens wounds you didn't know you had. You can't see a hurtful word that's spat across a heated room. You can't see the warmth in someone's words as it spreads tingles throughout your whole body. You can't see the love you feel for someone as it is broken in just one unpredictable moment.

But you can see the creatures that cause those emotions, those overwhelming waves of joy and pain. I ask you, mankind, how can we open our souls and choose to let love blind the darkness of anxiety? How can we attack something unseen? Is simple faith in the ultimate victory of good strong enough to change the world, or do actions need to accompany the pure intentions we hold in our hearts?

Maybe, taking our lives just one shaky breath at a time is the best we can do. As creatures that tend to gravitate towards selfishness, greed, and lust, maybe we can feel the same love pulsing through our veins that ties us all together. Maybe the belief that we are powerful beyond our comprehension can cause us to drift back to the warmth of making the next kind choice we can. Maybe we can get addicted to making people smile, even when we can't make our own mouth's curve upward.