The Post That Went Viral: Justice For Brad's Wife

That time that something ridiculous took over the internet (again).

263
Neato Shop

Unless you're living under a rock, you've probably heard something about Brad's wife. Now you might be thinking, who is Brad? Many of us don't know unless you're one of his friends that helped make this post go viral. One thing that we do know for certain is Brad took to Facebook to share with the world that his wife was fired from Cracker Barrel, and he is not having it.

Now right off the bat, you have to ask yourself why in the world would Brad think it was appropriate to share with the internet that his wife was fired. Typically, getting fired from a job isn't something you want to publicly announce. When I first saw this story I instantly had second-hand embarrassment for Brad's poor wife. First of all, I was thinking "why would he believe that social media is the answer for receiving an explanation of her being fired?" Secondly, "did she know that her husband was publicly announcing her termination?" And lastly, "is there any injustice in her being fired or is her husband just a little over protective and on Facebook too much?"

Most of my questions have yet to be answered, however, since the post had gone viral we have seen some pretty incredible things happen. Along with the hashtags #JusticeforBradsWife #BradsWifeMatters #NotMyCountryStore, company's have even jumped on the "Brad's Wife" Bandwagon.

If Cracker Barrel doesn't work out, Brad's wife can rest assured knowing she has employment elsewhere.

Chick-Fil-A took to Twitter to offer employment to Brad's wife.

If Brad's Wife has any experience with putting out fires, the Depew, NY fire department is hiring, and they were sure to include her.

A small change was made to Cracker Barrel's Wikipedia page.

But with in order to see real change, we must have action. Timothy McCardell II created an online petition seeking "Justice for Brad's Wife." The petition currently has over 25,000 signatures. If you wish to be apart of this movement, I included the link to the petition.

https://www.change.org/p/cracker-barrel-justice-for-brad-s-wife-cracker-barrel

Just in case you missed some of the action that occurred while people trolled the Cracker Barrel demanding answers, here are some of the highlights:

The moral of the story is simple, the internet is a crazy, powerful thing. One day you could be working at Cracker Barrel and the next you could be unemployed and made into a viral internet meme. So the next time you feel like posting your business on social media think about Brad's Wife.