The Perfect November Playlist

The Perfect November Playlist

All the tunes you need for this time of year.

13
The Perfect November Playlist

As November nears its end, I find my Spotify playlists switching gears. See, I find that I listen to different kinds of music depending on the time of year. Once Summer ended, I had to take all of the country CDs out of my car. It was time for what I call my "back to school" music: a more upbeat and happy selection, but one that doesn't focus on days at the beach (because that'd just be depressing.) Now, winter is in our forecast. It's still November but it's dark ridiculously early, we're completely sick of school already, and the temperature is not our friend. As we walk to class in parkas and hats, I think it's time for a "winter is coming" playlist. I've tried to include lots of different genres of music, so don't be afraid to give it a chance. Enjoy!

1. "Ends of the Earth;" Lord Huron

For those of you who haven't heard of Lord Huron, do yourself a favor and listen to them right now. You won't regret it.

2. "Make You Feel;" Alina Baraz and Galimatias

This song has it all. It's sort of a mix of electronic and R&B. It's super relaxing, without being depressing.

3. "Man on Fire;" Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

This is one of those songs that makes you feel like you're in a movie. It's a little slow at first, but the build up is worth it.

4. "If I ever Leave This World Alive;" Flogging Molly

I will always love this song. It just makes you love life. I first heard it in the movie "P.S. I Love You," which is probably the saddest movie in the world, but I swear it's good.

5. "Rescue;" Yuna

Yuna is just so cool. She's a Malaysian singer/song-writer and her songs are great. This particular song is a little bit of pop and rock, it's really uplifting and fun.

6. "We Won't Go Home;" The Colourist 
The Colourist is an American rock band from the O.C. 

"We Won't Go Home" is that song that you listen to with the volume all the way up, no shame.

7. "Brooklyn;" Theo Katzman

I. Love. This song. It's more indie rock, and it makes me want to just hug everyone I see because I'm so happy.

8. "Reflections;" MisterWives

I think I have a girl crush on the lead singer of MisterWives. I don't even understand how it's physically possible to hit the notes in this song, but she executes perfectly. This song is amazing.

9. "Thinking Out Loud;" Ed Sheeran

I'll always have a place in my heart for Ed Sheeran.This is my favorite song from his most recent album, "X."

10. "Ink;" Coldplay

I had to end with a Colplay song, because even if they've become sort of cliche, it's for a good reason. I'll never get sick of even their very first album. This song, though, is from their most recent album. It's super different from their regular stuff but it rocks.