A Letter To My Best Friend

A Letter To My Best Friend

Our adventures out number the bad memories.

12
A Letter To My Best Friend
Ashley McKeever

To my best friend who has stuck by me during the worst time and the best times. We became friends in 6th grade in middle school, who would have thought we would still be friends a decade later? We were inseparable in middle school and throughout high school and still to this day we are close. We may not be able to see each other every day or talk every day but you have always been there when I needed you the most.

We have become more than just friends over the years, we have become sisters. I would not want it any other way. We have so many memories from going to the mountains with 20 people spooning to keep warm to going on our own vacations to Mexico or even just going to Friendly’s for ice cream. You have been there for so many good memories but let's not forget the bad memories that we both wish we could erase.

Yes, we have our differences. Yes, we had a few fights where we went for some time not talking to each other when neither one of us wanted to apologize because we were both too stubborn to but who has not. This has only made our friendship stronger than ever.

In the past few months when my life was turned upside down from going well. I was finally happy, starting a relationship with a new guy, had a new job. It all came crashing down in one week, I hit rock bottom. I thought that the world was crashing on me. I quit my job because I could not stand it; it was not at all what it claimed to be. And that oh so great relationship came to an end without a reasoning, and then was the hospital visit. You told me to go and of course I did not listen at first, and when I told you what the doctors had say you would not believe me. This is when I thought my life was ruined for good, but the news was a lot worst. When I thought everyone was against (even though they were not) you were there.

You came to the hospital, you made sure that I was the best I could for the situation I was dealt. But most of all through the past few months you never once allowed me to question the reasonings why everything was happening to me at once. When I was putting myself down, you always had something good to say to me. You were the one who allowed me to cry on your shoulder when I did not know who else to turn to. You were there when I needed someone to talk. You saw my pain and you have done your best to take it away, by allowing me to talk it out a million times over again, to cry when I need too, to go for extra ice cream or just sit by the pool. You can see the pain that I am in physically and emotionally and you never once left my side. Even though you do not know the true hurt I felt, you always gave me the best advice you could.

You believed in me when I could not believe in myself anymore. You told me since the day that I quit my job, that I will find something better and I think I finally have. That means we need a shopping trip soon. Ha! You told me that there is a man out there that will not leave me if I ever hit rock bottom again and I believe it. I pray that you never once have to deal with what I did. But if that day ever comes, I will be by your side no matter what. Just like you were for me. There will always be bad memories that we will share together but our adventures will always be better. The bond that we share can never be forgotten. There will never be enough thank yous for the times that I needed you the most and you were always there.