In The Next Six Months...

In The Next Six Months...

I will thrive.

14
In The Next Six Months...

In the next six months, I will be half way done with college. I will stand in front of twenty kids, for the next six months, as they eagerly tell me everything they love about school. In the next six months, I will lose some friends, and I will gain some friends. I will hold my head higher than the last six months, because I am finally confident in myself and my future. And in the next six months, I will (hopefully) decide if I plan to go to graduate school. I will tell my mom I love her approximately three hundred sixty times and I will make her proud every day.

In the next six months, I will continue to discover myself, and I will strive to become a better me. In the next six months I might become sad with myself, but I will continue to overcome. In the next six months, I will be turning twenty, and as scary as that is, I feel like I'm finally ready, because I have learned the ins and outs of teenaged angst and I'm ready to feel something different. In the next six months, I'll say goodbye to my family a few times as I leave home to continue my journey through college, and I'll have to kiss my friends goodbye as some graduate, but I will remind myself that I am almost there and I will continue to push through.

In the next six months, I pray my confidence will grow, and maybe I will also work on my time management skills. I will set reachable goals for myself to be able to finally feel proud of my accomplishments. In the next six months, I will still be in love with teaching, I will continue to inspire and challenge my students. I will smile when they shout my name down the hallways even though we both know that we don't yell in the hallways. I also hope that in the next six months, I'll acquire a new pair of khakis that fit me the way khakis should.

The next six months have so much in store for me. As I approach twenty, I am constantly thinking about all of the blessings that I have had in the past twenty years, and I pray that the next six months hold so much opportunity for me.