The New HQ

The New HQ

The latest and greatest trivia game to come to mobile phones right now
65

The latest and greatest in the app world, known as HQ and built by the founder of Vine, I discovered myself yesterday through a friend. If you haven't heard of this, it's basically Trivia Crack but much better and much more difficult.

If you don't know what Trivia Crack is, it was a popular app about 2 years ago that allowed you to compete against your friends asking different trivia questions, as well as creating your own. In order to play HQ, all you have to do is register a username and log on twice a day, once at 3 p.m. and once at 9 p.m., and join roughly 200,000 other users from around the world for an online, live game show.

The object of the game is to answer 12 questions in a row correctly, with 10 seconds per question, in order to win the cash prize. If you answer a question incorrectly, you're automatically eliminated from that specific game.

Roughly, the cash prize has been $1,000 dollars in the past few days but there is a catch to it. You don't win the full grand yourself and it's instead split between all the winners of that round. So really the prize is an average around $5-$10, but still its basically free money based on your own knowledge so you really can't lose anything by playing.

Personally, I find this game really entertaining and different because it is an actual live game show with a host, which I have never heard of before. A lot of my friends have been playing, and it's quickly catching fire through Syracuse's campus and around the world more and more every day.

Although there have been complaints about the lag the app has been experiencing for some people, it has to be remembered that it is brand new and being updated constantly by the 'HQ Engineers' of the company. It will most likely be a trend that fades soon, but I'd highly suggest playing it while it's still here!

Good Luck!