The Most Offensive Word In The English Language

The Truth is The Truth is Offensive
345

Of all, the offensive word and terms that we are surrounded by daily, few would guess what is the most offensive. Truth is the most offensive word of all. Although truth can push us forward into something great it can also be a highly offensive term for most.

In the world we live in the truth pushes against the foundations and idols that we have seemed to build as a people and individually. The biggest way that truth is most offensive is when our pride gets in the way of realizing that we could be or are wrong about something.

The polarization of cultural views is mainly to blame for this because it supports the pride of individuals. There is a stigma that there are only two sides to any argument and if you aren’t right you are wrong. When the truth and right are probably somewhere in the middle. Take for example the debates on gun control, either you view guns as good or bad. At least this is the way that we are almost forced to view things. This is unfortunate because no one is allowed to either not care or to have a differing opinion than other people. The truth is sometimes the hardest to hear because we are so caught up in our self- image and preservation that we lose sight of the fact that there are facts and lies to all arguments.

As a Christian, it is very difficult to speak the truth in love like we are called to do. If you want to know what I believe to be true I have no problem telling you but often when I tell you what I think the truth is then you get offended and say that I am wrong. Whether it is the truth about gay marriage, abortion or health care the most offensive thing to people are when you speak the truth.

Truth is one of the only things that can cause you to get goosebumps as well as make you feel uncomfortable. It can cause you to feel inspired or it can cause you to question everything in your life. Now everyone has their own perspective on what truth is but as a Christian, I am more prone to believe that the Bible is the ultimate truth.

A lot of Christians add to the problem of the truth being offensive. They stand in the streets with their signs and try to force religion down people’s throats. Even if it is the truth this is why people are offended when they talk to Christians. So how do we best approach others with our truth?

Well, the truth is the truth is offensive. Jesus is the proud example of the fact that speaking the truth is hard for people to bear because of their pride. The battle of the flesh against the Spirit of the Lord is something that can never be understated. If you expect to have people embrace the truth of the Bible without fighting or questioning you, you might want to go elsewhere for an inspirational article. I can only speak to the truth I know about the truth and Jesus’ example.

I mentioned earlier the main approach all Christians need to have when trying to approach someone with the truth. It is found in Ephesians 4:14-15.

“14 Then we no longer be infants tossed back and forth by the waves and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.” -Ephesians 4:14-15

If you speak the truth in love you are obeying what God has in His way of approaching individuals that are not close to Him.

The truth is the truth hurts, scars, breaks, and molds. And although we can not relieve that pain one could feel when approached with the truth we can strive to obey what God has out of love. So, the way to get around the offensiveness of the truth to other people is through love. The truth will continue to get more offensive so what we need to do as Christians is to display Christ’s love more and more. It is the only way that we can eliminate the notions attached to truth.