10 Things You Should Include In A Self-Care Day

The Self-Care Kit Every College Student Should Have Handy In 2020

Make sure you have everything you need to relieve some tension.

4378

As college students, sometimes life can be overwhelming. Four tests in a week and you only passed one of them? I feel that. Days like that, you just need time for yourself. A time where you're nice to yourself and put your own self-care before anything else.

1. A good playlist

First things first, you need feel-good music. It can be a playlist of your fav songs or just a random Spotify playlist. No matter what it is, music is good for the soul.

2. A book

Reading a book is a great way to destress. Whether you read just a chapter or the whole book, it's a great way to keep your mind off whatever is bothering you that day.

3. Your favorite movie or TV show 

Whenever I need to take a break from school, I go straight to "Grey's Anatomy." With all the drama going on, it's hard to focus on my own problems.

4. Coffee, hot chocolate, or tea

A nice, warm drink is always so calming to me. I love to wrap up in a warm blanket and drink hot chocolate while just letting my mind wander.

5. Bubble bath

A bubble bath with lavender or vanilla is such a fun and easy way to release tension. Essential oils are also really calming and are a great way to help you destress.

6. Candles

I believe the more candles, the better. The smell of apple cinnamon and vanilla always send a wave of calmness over me.

7. A stress ball

For when you just want to punch something. Believe me, I've been there done that. A stress ball is the best way to release tension after a test.

8. A coloring book and pencils

I love coloring in those adult coloring books. They have super intricate designs that cause you to focus solely on your coloring.

9. Yummy snacks

Chocolate, chips, cookie dough, or whatever your guilty pleasure might be — make sure to keep some on deck for those rough days.

10. Cozy clothes

Fuzzy socks, a sweatshirt, your favorite t-shirt, whatever you feel comfy in! This is a day just for you, wear what you want!