The Meaning Behind My Name

The Meaning Behind My Name

The meaning of your name is what you create it to be.

443
The Meaning Behind My Name

Have you ever wondered the meaning behind your name? It is interesting to find out the meaning behind your name because our names are what makes us unique from everyone around us. I have always wondered what the meaning behind my name was when I was a child. I asked my mom once about how she came up with my name. She said she once saw the name on T.V. and really liked it and decided to make it my name. As I grew older when people asked me my name some would say that there was a Bollywood actor that had my name. Some had no idea and didn't know what my name meant. Others had a hard time pronouncing my name because it is long. Then one day I decided to look up my name online and see if I could find anything interesting.

According to http://www.parentingnation.in/indianbabynames/meaning-of-shanjana-name the meaning behind my name Shanjana is "soft, meek, and gentle." I found this interesting because the definition matched with my personality. I am usually very shy and soft-natured in general as a person. I will usually cry over simple things and I am almost always anxious to try something new. Some other meanings that I found behind my name according to http://www.sevenreflections.com/name-numerology/shanjana.html is that my name means "seeking freedom, finding opportunities to enjoy life, and willing to take risk to achieve your objectives." In addition, to these definitions there were a numerous number of other sources that had different definitions of the meaning behind my name. Different sources had different definitions.

At the end of all of this online research I started questioning the definitions I saw online because some of the definitions matched with my personality while other definitions did not match with my personality. I started thinking that the meaning behind my name is what I create it to be. Every person is different and everyone has different names, but our names mean different things to each of us. The meaning of our name will be created based on the experiences we have in life and how we handle those experiences. Multiple people might have the same name but the name itself will represent and symbolize different meanings for each of those people.

To me my name means family, strength, and hope. My name reminds me of my family because my parents decided to name me by that name. In addition, my name reminds me of my home and cultural background. My name also means strength to me because I know that I have to go through challenges in order to find success and happiness in life. However, in order to find that success I have to be strong. Lastly, my name means hope to me because I have to be hopeful for what will happen in the future and not give up when times are rough. Therefore, it doesn't matter what your name is but what matters way more is the experiences you face in life and how you tackle them because at the end of the day your name belongs to you and the meaning behind your name is what you create it to be.