The Mandela Effect Has Everyone Going Crazy

"Sex In the City" or "Sex And the City"?

6739
twitter.com

The “Mandela Effect” is the phenomena that occurs when someone remembers something that never actually happened. Recently, many examples of the Mandela Effect have been uncovered including titles of TV shows, lines from movies, and even song lyrics. The Mandela Effect isn't a conspiracy. It is true that large numbers of people remember things that differ from what is fact. Many believe that this could be proof of time travel or even parallel universes.

Regardless of why it happens, it can be pretty shocking to discover examples of the Mandela Effect.

Here are a few examples that I uncovered. Prepare to have your mind BLOWN.

1. Berenstein vs. Berenstain Bears

The popular series of children's books, that eventually turned into a television series of the same name, follows Mama, Papa, Sister and Brother bear. However, there has been some debate about how the beloved bears spell their name.

THAT DOES NOT LOOK RIGHT! Apparently, the bear family has always been the BerenSTAIN bears.

2. “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?”

The iconic line from Snow White and the Seven Drawfs is said by the Evil Queen. She looks in her mirror and the delivers he the news of Snow White. This quote has been stated multiple times in various TV shows and movies to poke fun and give a nod to the famous line. Generally, people think that the Evil Queen begins the quote with “Mirror, mirror,”...

EXCEPT THAT SHE DOESNT!!!1The Evil Queen actually says, “Magic Mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of all all?”

3. Sex and the City vs. Sex in the City.

The popular television series follows Carrie Bradshaw and her group of girlfriends as they navigate through life in New York. However, even some of the shows biggest fans have argued over the actual title of the series.

That's right! It was Sex AND the City.

4. “You like me, you really like me!”

Sally Field (who's name in and of itself is a Mandela Effect as many believe that it's Fields) gave an Oscar acceptance speech which is now iconic. Many TV shows and movies have teased at her quote from the speech. As it turns out, she didn't quite say what everyone thinks she said.

The actress actually said “You like me, right now, you like me!” Although this one is fairly similar to what everyone thinks it is, it's still pretty crazy that everyone remembers it the same way.

5. The name of your favorite fruity cereal might be different than you thought.

Is it Fruit Loops? Or Froot Loops?

Many people believe that the cereal actually spells fruit correctly. But APPARENTLY NOT!

6. Bugs Bunny, Tweety Bird, and all your favorites.

Are they Looney Toons? Or Looney Tunes?

Yep! A number of people believe that they're called toons because they're cartoons. However, that's never been the case.

7. How does the Mr. Rogers theme song actually go?

The children's television show about everyone's favorite neighbor always started with Mr. Rogers coming home and signing his good old theme song. But did it always start the same way?

Despite many people thinking the song says “It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood,” he actually sings “It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood.” Again, these are pretty similar to each other, but STILL!

8. Meet the Flinstones or Flintstones?

Who's your favorite modern stone-age family from the town of Bedrock? The answer might surprise you.

This is crazy! Flintstones makes more sense, because of the prehistoric era of the cartoon, however many remember the name a little differently.

9. “Luke, I am your father.”

This has been noted as the #1 misquoted movie line of all time. What does Darth Vader actually say to Luke in Star Wars...

“No. I am your father.” WHHAAAAAATTTT???? This is by far the craziest Mandela Effect I have ever come across. So many people remember Vader saying “Luke, I am you father.” MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!!!!

It's still unclear why or how Mandela Effects happen. Is it just that a lot of people have the same false memory? Is this evidence that time travel has actually changed the past and created what is now fact? Is this all just a glitch in the Matrix? The world may never know. However, it is clear that Mandela Effects are all around us even when we might not notice them. Keep your eyes peeled because things that we think we know could change in an instance.