The Magnetic Mask That Everyone Is Talking About

This mask that has been all over the media lately and some customers have a lot to say about it!

39
Youtube.com

Within the past few weeks, the Dr. Brandt Skincare Magnetight Age-Defier has been appearing in the media all over the place. From InStyle to New York Magazine, articles about this mask have been trending amongst the Internet for all to get an inside look at this incredible new invention. They are calling this mask "mind-blowing," as well as "the coolest thing you'll see," and you will now find out why.

Check out this video to see how this magnetic mask works if this is your first time hearing about it!

If you ever thought your skincare products work "just like magic," this product is about to kick those products to the curb. According to the official Dr. Brandt website, the mask "counteracts the effects of stress and environmental damage that result in a look of premature aging. Through electromagnetic interactions, skin’s ability to rejuvenate itself is significantly enhanced for a younger and more vibrant appearance." It seems that the main ingredient is iron powder, which is activated by the magnetic particles and is meant to give your skin a tighter, smoother and younger appearance. The magnet is able to literally pull the layer of magnet mask from the surface of your skin, as well as the dirt and bacteria hiding out deep within your pores.

On the website, the product warns that it contains "Neodymium Magnet," which is a type of "rare earth" magnet, among the most powerful permanent magnets in the world. The warning advises users to avoid interaction with metallic objects as it may produce PINCH Hazard, which is essentially a mechanical hazard. It is basically saying that if you use any medical devices or mechanical implants, you should be wary when using the magnet that comes with this product for it is very strong and thus its magnetic fields may interfere with your device.

However, other than that one minor issue, the product appears to be very safe. So far, the customer feedback on their website has nothing but positive reviews (though keep in mind that there are only three reviews so far), which boast about how this product has left customers' skin "soft" and "glowing" and is worth the "tedious" process. Customers apparently like how this product doesn't require them to scrub or wipe off the mask with towels which can actually be damaging to the skin because it is much more sensitive than the skin on your body. Personally, I have always been taught to pat my face dry with a towel--never rub--as it can cause irritation and wrinkles, so I can see how this scrub-free mask can be so relieving. The website's step-by-step instructions even advise not to use water, which makes the product even more marketable as you don't have to rinse the product off which means the product is even towel-free!

As this mask makes its way toward the mainstream public, it is being praised for being an age-defying mask with heavenly results, but, while there were no negative reviews on the product's official website, there were a number of low ratings on Sephora. Buyers left complaints about this product being a "waste" for doing nothing other than leaving their skin feeling "greasy," while others claimed that it was a "hassle" because the magnet did a poor job in getting the mask off in its entirety. They claimed that the granules of this mask were difficult to remove or clean without the magnet and accused the idea of the magnet being more of a "for show" type of product than something actually useful. Some called it a "hype," saying that it is "fun to use" but also "time-consuming" and not so fun after a while, with minimal to no results. Some even claimed that it left their skin feeling "itchy" the following day while others said that there are other masks that do the same thing with the same results without the tiresome, yet supposedly fun, process of removing the mask with a magnet. Many also claimed that several tissues were used in the process of this mask, which, in my opinion, makes this mask anti-environmentally friendly.

On the other hand, there were an outweighing amount of positive reviews that claims this product was able to "hydrate," "brighten" and "smoothen" the skin. There were some who accussed the negative reviewers of not doing it right for they said that their experience with the mask was not messy at all and they only had to use one tissue per use. I will say that after watching quite a few reviews on Youtube, I noticed that those complaining that the magnet doesn't pick up all of the mask easily in one sweep were putting way more than a "thin layer" of the mask on their face, which is what the website recommends.

So, in conclusion, it may be that this product is one of those that works amazingly well for some, while it may not be the best option for others. It's just something that you'll have to try out for yourself to find out!