The Magic (Not) School Bus

The Magic (Not) School Bus

8
It’s Friday morning and your 11 a.m., second semester, senior year, last core credit class is quickly approaching. You definitely don’t regret going downtown last night, but maybe coming home at 4 a.m. wasn’t the best idea. Instead of your whole day and GPA possibly being ruined from missing roll call in an upper-division class, Austin has recently introduced the answer to your poorly constructed prayers. The Rolling Revival Bus is a new-to-Austin business that travels around the city curing hangovers in under an hour.

The concept of a hangover bus originated in Las Vegas, catering to celebrities, socialites and grooms to renew headache-ridden hotel guests. Austin’s Rolling Revival is similar to Vegas’ Hangover Heaven. Ranging in price from $20 to $119. Their services vary from B12 shots to different combinations of saline IVs, headache and nausea medications and vitamins. The company will even provide a ride from your apartment or house if you can’t fathom the idea of leaving your bed.

The most prominent concern for the bus is its safety. While the bus is not required to have a medical license, it does have one medical and, occasionally, needs permits to park at certain locations in Austin. Medical professionals have observed their procedures and claim that they don’t differ from hospital emergency rooms.

Perhaps this business model is a bit dramatic for something Gatorade, Advil and P. Terry’s usually fixes, but hiring them for a private party would be an awesome post-21 birthday gift.