The Life Of Being A Plant Mom

The Life Of Being A Plant Mom

This life is a hard life, but oh so rewarding.
576

The life of being a plant mom is quite a difficult one. You might think that it's all fun and games, but it’s some hardcore caretaking. I don’t know how many of you have tried taking care of a plant, but my goodness, it’s ridiculously hard. It’s not a picnic and it is something that will cause you stress at all times, which isn’t good for my little heart.

I want to introduce you all to my little guy—his name is Fletcher!

I’m going to be honest, I have absolutely no idea what type of plant he is. I’m assuming some sort of Bonzai, but I could be completely wrong. What I do know is that he was quite the handful in the beginning.

Since I had no idea what kind of plant he was, I wasn’t sure what to do to take care of him. All I knew was that a new plant you buy has to be watered quite a bit because when you buy them, they are usually severely under watered. So I did what I thought I should be doing and giving him sun and water.

Within a couple weeks, Fletcher started deteriorating rather quickly. His leaves were falling off, his moss seemed really dry no matter how much I watered him, and he just didn’t seem like he was ever going to get better.

I became more and more of an emotional wreck thinking I was going to kill my little buddy—to the point where I’m pretty sure I annoyed my roommate with woes of thinking Fletcher was going to die.

So one day, I finally said that I was going to do whatever it took to keep him alive. I took my water bottle and poured the entire thing onto his moss. There was so much water that he was leaking out the bottom of his holder. I had him sit on a towel all night so he didn’t wreck my bookshelf. The next day, I put him back on his home and shut my window's blinds.

And now, a month and a half later, he is looking healthier. He has tons of baby leaves, and I think I might become a grandma to some little baby Fletcher juniors!

The road of being a plant mom is a really tough one; it's not for the lighthearted. It’s quite a rewarding experience if your heart can take the tough times. But just know that no matter what, you will have a little buddy for a long time!