The Lessons in the Death of a Bachelor

The Lessons in the Death of a Bachelor

Advice and Words from Panic! At The Disco's New Album

151
The Lessons in the Death of a Bachelor
Panic! At The Disco - Death of a Bachelor

With the recent release of Panic! At The Disco's newest album "Death of a Bachelor", it marks an interesting combination of not only death, but the afterlife of living through the battle royale that is life and relationships. As so aptly brought to attention now, P!ATD is now and only Brendon Urie; "an end to eras" so to speak, but with being a few years into his marriage, the past two albums, and so much more "Death of a Bachelor" takes all this creating the "outlet for nonchalant chaos" it is. With fireworks in hand, Brendon Urie certainly has created one of the biggest roller coasters yet in everything from inspirations, influences, the way the music flows, and lyrics; in this the lessons that can be taken away from each song will certainly have you feeling the death and rebirth that only Panic! can provide.

Fun Fact: If you play the album from last to first the ending of songs connect to the beginning of the next! After listening to the album this way, it really provides a new perspective on the story behind "Death of a Bachelor!"

1. Victorious

You aren't always going to be picked first, get the next opportunity, but never let that stop you. Turn up the party and plan your infection, for what you lack in you must make up in your passion, your actions, and your words. Give them hell so you can get to heaven, be victorious and you'll get through the bad times.

2. Don't Threaten Me with a Good Time

Sometimes you don't do so hot, that drunk text to your ex, that crazy party went on a little too long, sometimes you lost a bet, but you gotta make those high heels work! Pick yourself back up because the only thing you can do is strut away with your chin held high.

3. Hallelujah

Some day you'll end up getting caught in all your mistakes, you'll spill the bullets from your mouth when you meant to swallow, but this isn't the time to dwell because the sad times are over. You will learn and you can do better next time.

4. Emperor's New Clothes

If you're going down, go down swinging! Fight for what's yours and do something great.

5. Death of a Bachelor

All of the plans you once had may have changed, but you'll finally meet that one person or get that one opportunity that will show you why all the others never worked out. It is the death of those paths in your life but it is the commitment to something better.

6. Crazy=Genius

Sometimes you go hard for one thing, you can be on fire, but you're always going to have your critics. You need to step it up and go beyond them, be the arsonist, the rocket scientist, the Mike Love. Don't settle for less when everyone else thinks it is all that you've got.

7. LA Devotee

You have to live your life the way you want; fall in love with yourself, the city, your life and be crazy, but never let anything stop you but fate from surviving.

8. Golden Days

Your memories will only fade when you don't relive them again, when you let time forget the golden days of your life.

9. The Good, The Bad, and The Dirty

If you're going to start something, follow it through fist first, and for your sake make it good. Sometimes it may be the only way you'll be able to survive!

10. House of Memories

You're always going to think of those past memories, your past dreams, your past lovers. You know you wished things happened differently, but in the end they happened for a reason and all you can do now is reflect on your memories and learn.

11. Impossible Year

There is a turning point in one's life, it's dark, confusing, and heartbreaking. Recognize the difficulties, bury what you must, and give the chance for rebirth. It can't rain all the time.

"Death of a Bachelor" represents more than the physical break ups, turmoils, and exciting new experiences that Brendon Urie has gone through, but is also our stories as well. With every regret we've ever made, promise that has been broken, and lips that shouldn't have been kissed it is the chaos that binds us all together.
In the "Emperor's New Clothes" music video it begins with the ending of the "This is Gospel" video, truly showing the death and rebirth of Panic! At The Disco and paving the way for so much more to come.