The Latest US and World News
News

The Latest US and World News

US News

14
The Latest US and World News

Today's only US breaking news making the headlines is that the "Taliban has taken over Afghanistan"!

Taliban Take over Afghanistan!

Today's only US breaking news making the headlines is that the "Taliban has taken over Afghanistan"! The biggest news(Eye9ja) of the decade is that after years of civil war in Afghanistan, the local mujahidin, also known as the "Taliban", have taken over Afghanistan less than one week after the US military left their stations in the country and evacuated the space of the Afghan Army!

Recent Updates on Afghan Taliban

The Taliban entered the capital district of Afghanistan yesterday and soon captured the Presidential Mahl of Afghanistan. Today US breaking news is that the Afghan Taliban has waved their flag on the Presidential house and has declared a ceasefire. They have announced their victory and are planning on forming their unopposed government in the next few days.

Also Read:According to the Chiang Rai Times

President Ghani – A disgrace?

The Ex-President of Afghanistan flew from the country yesterday and has taken temporary asylum with his close ministers. Ashraf Ghani took to Twitter and announced that he has resigned from his position as president and had left the country because of the uncertain situation in Afghanistan. Ghani tweeted that he only left the country to avoid all kinds of bloodshed in Kabul. He didn't announce where he went. Still, soon after his statement on Twitter, people started speculations that Ghani is now in Uzbekistan or Turkmenistan.

According to reports, the president's close allies who remain in Afghanistan are calling him a coward, unpatriotic, irresponsible, and a disgrace for leaving his people behind at the hands of the Taliban. Ghani hasn't responded to any of the comments made to him directly or indirectly.

Also, read theodysseyonline.com for more info.

US president on the Afghan situation

It seems like the US president Joe Biden is in shock after the Taliban took over entire Afghanistan in less than a few days. The US has been a big player in the Afghanistan Politics and military situation for many years. After the US president's recent draw-back of the Army, the Taliban started invading capital districts of provinces and managed to take over the country in less than a week, and that too without any opposition from the US-trained Afghan Army.

In the US breaking news today Joe Biden says, in his previous interviews, expressed his views on the power of the Afghan Army. He said, "The Taliban takeover is simply inevitable because the Afghan Army is well trained, has modern warfare and is more in number than the Taliban"!

To his surprise, it only took 75K Taliban to beat an army of 300K in less than a week.

Biden hasn't issued an official statement on the matter but has sent out around five thousand US soldiers to evacuate his people from the new Taliban Territory safely.

Trump Slams Biden

The ex-US president, Donald Trump, held a press conference after the takeover by the Taliban and criticized Biden for his weak strategy and lack of responsibility towards the people of Afghanistan. Also, know that Donald Trump has also demanded immediate resignation from the Biden Government in light of the ongoing events in Afghanistan.

Taliban says, 'We want Peace.'

After taking over the presidential house, the Taliban have requested the people of the country to remain calm and steady as their keen interest is to protect them and provide them with an Islamic State where the rights of every woman, minority, and human being would be protected according to the Shari Laws of Islam. They have also added that they are keen to work with countries from all across the globe but would certainly not let anyone interfere in their country's matters!