The Kingdom Of Heaven

The Kingdom Of Heaven

What might the Kingdom of Heaven be like?

82
The Kingdom Of Heaven
Wallpaper Up

Well, I have already talked about what Hell will be like. Now I think it’s time we talked about the Kingdom of Heaven, and touch on some common questions about it as well. The first thing that I should mention before we dive into it is that there are many things that have been left unsaid in the Bible about Heaven, and God did this for a specific reason.

When we arrive in Heaven, God wants us to see all of the wonder and majesty in the things that he has created for us. It’s the same as when we buy a gift for someone, we don’t immediately tell them what it is. Rather we want to give it to them so that they can see and have it for themselves. We are here on the Earth to endure, run the race set before us, and fight the good fight for the Kingdom of Heaven. Therefore, when we get there He wants us to be absolutely jaw dropped by His ability to create beauty. Let’s begin with what Heaven actually is, and where it is. This is actually a tricky statement because there is one that is, and one that is to come. We will refer to these as “Current Heaven” and “Permanent Heaven”, just stay with me and we will clear everything up.

Current Heaven

First, Current Heaven is amazing and wonderful in all of its glory but it is NOT our permanent home. Current Heaven is a spiritual and angelic realm, where everyone who has passed on from this Earth is currently residing. It was primarily created for God and the angels to live together. However, God created man to be a physical creature. We know this because in the beginning when he created Adam, He first made the body, then breathed His spirit into man.

Since Current Heaven is spiritual, it is not our permanent home. Current Heaven is the place that you (if you are a Christian) will go upon death right now. On the cross, Jesus said to the criminal that was also on the cross next to him (who gave his life to Jesus right before dying) “Today you will be with me in paradise!” This tells us that Current Heaven is paradise! We also know that immediately upon dying we (our soul/spirit) is sent to the presence of God to be judged. From there, it is our faith that will be judged. Not from our works of good or bad deeds, but rather if we accept and believe in Jesus Christ and what He has done for us.

That is our only way to heaven! For salvation comes to us when we accept Him.

I know it is tough to imagine us becoming spirits or souls because I have trouble thinking about it myself. However, things become much different once our bodies have turned back to dust, and we must have faith that God knows what he is doing. Here are some fun facts about Current Heaven:

• When believers die they will go straight to Current Heaven.
  • When we die we are the same person, we do not lose our identity or memories.
  • People in Heaven are identified by their works on the Earth.
  • People in Heaven are rational, communicative, and passionate.
  • There is a tremendous degree of unity in Heaven because the truth becomes clear.
  • Everyone in Heaven is aware of each other & of God.
  • People will see God’s attributes fully, we will finally understand who He is in entirety.
  • People in Heaven have a strong connection with the believers on the Earth.
  • People can ask God questions, we will still be learning from Him.
  • People in Current Heaven will know what is happening on the Earth.

Permanent Heaven

The Kingdom of Heaven is advancing on planet Earth. I know it may look differently and all the media wants to show us is the evil and disaster that occurs. However, it is advancing, and it has been for centuries. Right now, Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God. For God specifically told Jesus to sit at His right hand until He made his enemies a footstool for his feet. Let’s review, to get into Current Heaven it is a judgment based solely on faith in God and believing in Jesus Christ. However, there will be another judgment that will transpire at a future time. This is a judgment that will be based on the rewards & treasures you will receive for your works on the Earth. Matthew 6:19-21 says,

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

So what kind of works is the bible talking about? Let’s look at Matthew 10:40-42,

“Whoever receives you receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me. The one who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and the one who receives a righteous person because he is a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.”

Listen, God knows your heart, He knows when you do things so that other people may see you. And He knows when you do things for His glory out of pure love regardless of whether other people know you did something good or not. Jesus is simply saying to love others! Love them regardless of their title, their amount of wealth, whether they can help you get ahead, or even if they have wronged you! These are the good works that you will be judged upon! Did you love others with an unfailing love to help them see love so that they may know Love (God)?

So where is this Permanent Heaven I speak of? Scripture clearly tells us that the Permanent Heaven will be here on the Earth! It will be a new and restored Earth. Our Earth that we live on now has been damaged and cursed by sin. However, once Jesus comes back, the Earth will be free from sin and thus restored & renewed. At this point, Heaven will come down & be one with the Earth.

In the beginning, God placed us here and said this is where I want you to dwell & live, He even came Himself to Earth to be with Adam! He created forests, sunsets, fields, oceans, rivers, animals, mountains, food, and flowers all because of how much He knew we would love it. It represents how much He cares about us and allows him to show off His love. This Earth was meant to be our home, but our home became cursed when the apple was bitten. However, God did not abandon us or this Earth, for Jesus came to die for all sin, and is coming again to reclaim & restore what is His!

Here is the evidence that this glorified Earth will be our Permanent Home, Romans 8:19-25 ,

“For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.”

Our permanent home is here on the Earth in our new glorified bodies with God himself as Heaven comes down to be on the Earth that will be renewed & restored. Obviously, what God has prepared for us is wonderful beyond comprehension. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).

What a day that will be when we stand before Him, the King and creator of all.