Kardashians By The Numbers

Kardashians By The Numbers

Adopt me, please.

51
Kardashians By The Numbers

Over the break, I spent copious amounts of time watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" and I don't regret a second. My time spent with the Kardashians was wonderful. I watched them go to St. Barts, got stressed out when Kim almost got diabetes and felt Kendall's pain when Kylie spent too much time with Tyga. I re-downloaded the "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood" app. I stalked Kylie Jenner's Tumblr. I'm in deep right now, but my obsession isn't so much about the Kardashians themselves. Sure, I think Kourtney is hilarious and I'd commit crimes to look like Kendall – but I am thoroughly convinced that the Kardashian women make some of the smartest business decisions.

Now, I know what you're thinking:

The Kardashians are incredibly wealthy, and, yes, I will admit that their rise to fame was unconventional and ethically questionable. But having a sex tape isn't against the law. Whether Kris orchestrated the whole thing is another question, but, even if she did, I doubt Kim holds any grudges against her momager.

To most people, the Kardashians are a family who cheated the system. None of them have a specific talent or gift, aside from their looks. But looking at the Kardashians by the numbers, I think they all have a talent – just like Mark Cuban or Kevin O'Leary, (I also watched a lot of "Shark Tank") the Kardashians are absolutely brilliant at making money.

The Kardashian's and the Jenner's net worth is estimated to be about $300 million. The family makes around $500,000 per episode of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," which is currently in its eleventh season. Kim Kardashian's freemium mobile game "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood" (which I just fell victim to once again) rakes in a staggering $81,000 in daily revenue. Kylie and Kendall have released three different clothing lines. Kylie's Lip Kit sold out in a mere 30 seconds. Kim, Khloe, Kendall, and Kylie's apps and websites have over one million subscribers. In other words, one million people are willing to spend $3 per month to know more about these sisters.

So, as a young woman pursuing an education, the Kardashians do frustrate me a bit. I'm putting in long hours studying for exams and writing papers while Kim flies to Paris to have her favorite cheesecake.

In the end, I will probably never make as much money as any of the Kardashians. I'll never look like them, or get a million subscribers for an app about my life (which would probably consist of videos of me eating and crying about dog pictures). But thank God that I have a show that is on E! pretty much all day, several apps and a game that will allow me to live vicariously through the Kardashians until the day that Kris calls my parents to tell them that I'm actually her sixth daughter.