The Joys of December

The Joys of December

There's so much that this new month brings.

52
The Joys of December
Wikipedia

With a new month also comes one of the best times of the year. December is one of my favorite months because there's always so much going on. Seeing family and friends, getting ready for the Holidays, and looking forward to a fresh start in the new year. Though it begins to get colder out and winter begins, I enjoy the frost in the air because it reminds me of all the warm memories I have made in the past during this time.

The start of the holiday season is perhaps one of my most favorite things. No matter what you celebrate, there's always a sense of joy as you prepare your home for festivities and look forward to seeing your relatives. Whether you're traveling to them, or they're coming to you, getting to spend time with those you love most, but maybe do not always get to see, brings excitement and happiness to the soul. I always look forward to parties and dinners spent with family and friends who I may only get to see a few times throughout the year. I also enjoy all of the festivities that happen around my town this time of year. Everyone gets into the holiday spirit, no matter what they celebrate.

While the Holidays are certainly the highlight of December, there's still more to enjoy. Even though winter is not my most favorite season I always enjoy the change of seasons. Part of the reason why I love living where I do is because I get to experience all four of them. I'm always ready for the change and look forward to what each season brings. I love cozy sweaters and boots and long winter coats to keep me warm in the chilly weather. And I'm always up for a snowy day inside with some coffee, hot chocolate, and a good book.

There's also the change of a new year not far behind the month of December. Whether you had an amazing 2017 or one that wasn't for the books, you can always look forward to a new year with new surprises, joys, and things to come. Rather than wallow in the sadness after the Holidays have ended and the decorations have come down, I like to embrace the new year and think about all the things that are to come. It helps to take the sting out of the sudden end of Christmas for me once January hits. But until then I know that there's always new and fresh starts to look forward to as the current year begins to wind down.

So as we look towards the twilight of one year and the dawn of the next, don't forget that there's still plenty of things to look forward to in these last few weeks of 2017. Enjoy all the time you get to spend with loved ones and friends as you celebrate the Holidays, and remember that a fresh start is just around the corner.