The Joys Of Christmas

The Joys Of Christmas

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."

115
The Joys Of Christmas
Trek Decor

It is Christmas time! I can feel it in the air when the wind blows across my face; I can see it in the faces of others when they are bundled up in their jackets and scarves. It is Christmas time which is by far my favorite time of year.

When I think of Christmas, I automatically think of being with the people I love most in the world. I picture a small layer of white, dusty snow falling on the cold, hard ground, even though I am from Lancaster and we hardly ever get snow. I picture my family curled up in our thickest blankets drinking hot chocolate with extra marshmallows and, of course, watching Home Alone for the one hundredth time because it is my brothers favorite movie. The only light I picture is that from the beautiful, glowing lights of our decorated tree.

Christmas is the best time of year because of the Christmas spirit. I love walking down the street and telling everyone Merry Christmas. Seeing everyone happy and calm is the best feeling ever. My favorite part of Christmas is giving gifts. I would so much rather give gifts than receive them.The look on my loved ones face when they finally open the gift that I have been waiting weeks to give them is priceless. Just thinking about Christmas makes me smile from ear to ear.

The best thing about Christmas is Jesus Christ. Not only do I love the Christmas holiday, but I love knowing that Jesus Christ was born to die on the cross and wash me clean of my sins. Sometimes people, myself included, get so caught up with life and trying to buy gifts during this time of year that they forget the true meaning of Christmas. During the most chaotic parts of the holidays, I feel a sense of calmness invade me and take me over. When this happens, I know that Jesus is telling me to stop what I am doing and take in the breathtakingly beautiful scenes that He has set before me.

I know that Christmas can be an extremely stressful time. I come from a home where my mom is the only one who brings in any source of income. She struggles to pay the bills and give us a fantastic Christmas all at once. I know that she dreads Christmas time because of how expensive it can get. Christmas can be extremely stressful, but during the stressful moments it is necessary to take a step back and let the spirit of Christmas invade you.

Say Merry Christmas to everyone you see. Do something extra nice for a stranger. Be kind to those who aren't so kind to you. It is Christmas time; the best time of year has arrived.