The Importance Of Wearing Sunscreen

The Importance Of Wearing Sunscreen

The secret to staying forever young.

57
https://www.pexels.com/photo/person-pouring-plastic-tube-bottle-1029896/

I am sure us Floridians are taking advantage of the warm days that are approaching. Being from Florida I have grown accustomed to the warm weather. While a few cool days are nice here and there my favorite seasons are the warmer seasons. I find that I am happiest and I am more active when it's warmer outside. With that being said, while it's nice to be outside with nature or those spontaneous days at the beach, it is still important that we do not forget to wear sunscreen. It is important to wear it when we are going to be in the sun for prolonged periods of time but its also important to find ways to incorporate it into our daily routines. While we may not feel the heat from the sun all the time the U.V. rays are still reaching our skin.

Nowadays sunscreen comes in different forms. I have seen sunscreen being sold in the form of a chapstick-like applicator or they also have the aerosol ones that are supposed to be easier to apply. There is more than one type of application type and depending on what activity you need it for I'm sure you can find one that suits your needs the best.

A lot of makeup is now also being made to include a certain range of SPF. Using makeup with SPF is a good way to use sunscreen in your day to day life. The makeup does not have that "sunscreen" smell and you can be assured that your skin will be protected. Along with makeup that has SPF, there are also different brands of chapsticks that will protect from the sun and keep your lips moisturized.

Wearing sunscreen is important because it will lessen the chances of not only getting a really bad sunburn but also lessen the chance of a more serious illness such as cancer. Long exposure to the sun can also dry out your skin and in the long run, could cause premature wrinkles. A secret to keeping your skin nice, soft, and youthful for as long as possible would be to be mindful of when you should be wearing sunscreen.

Sometimes applying sunscreen once is not enough. When doing activities like swimming or one that involves a lot of sweating, it is easy for the sunscreen to just slide off. Different sunscreens advertise how long it will last or that they are "waterproof" but it is better to be safe than sorry and to just reapply it after a couple of hours.

If you are worried that you will not tan by wearing sunscreen then just get a tanning lotion that has the highest SPF that you can find. Being protected from the harsh U.V. lights does not mean that you will not be able to reach your desired tan. It is better to progressively get a tan over time than to burn after one day and then peeling for the rest of the week. So with all of that being said remember to so get out and have fun these next several months but most importantly remember to wear sunscreen.