The Importance Of Practice

The Importance Of Practice

Some reasons as to why practicing is so important.

7702
The Importance Of Practice
123rf.com

Everyone has to do it in some way or another. We all have to do something multiple times and repeat the same or different actions over and over in order to achieve the goal that we have set for ourselves. This is practice, and though it may be tiring and annoying sometimes, we can all agree that it has helped us in the long run. Whether it be a piece of music, a speech, a dance routine, or anything in between, they all require us to commit and routinely do the action.

So, why is the concept of practice so important? Well, the reason is pretty obvious. It helps you improve. If you routinely practice something, the likelihood of you doing better on something is higher. One example we all know is studying. We have all been there, doing an all nighter, trying to get ready for the exam or test we have the next day. And usually, we see an increase in a higher grade than if we were to not study. Same goes for speeches, which is something I do regularly. With speeches, the concept of practice is critical, whether it is in front of a mirror or in front of some friends or family. Practicing that speech a multitude of times before your actual presentation allows for you to get comfortable with the idea of public speaking while also helping you know the order and information of your speech that you will be giving. In my experience, I've had times where I did not practice a speech as much as I could and suffered the consequences.

Running along with the idea of improving, practice also helps promote self-confidence in oneself. Being able to effectually play the song that you have been practicing for weeks or pulling off the move you have been trying to do in the sport you play is always a good feeling. To be able to see the result of your hard work and determination is something that everyone looks forward to. And with this, if one sees that practice has made a greater impact on the activity they have been doing, then it will likely become a thing. Now, I'm not saying that practice will always show positive results. Sometimes the nerves get the best of us, even me, and that can hinder the performance that we know that we can pull off.

However, that does not mean that we should let that restrict and block us from the goal that we have set our minds to. Because that nervousness that we all feel can be reduced, not necessarily eradicated, to a level that is manageable. Practice is something that cannot be avoided, but is something that can help us in our day to day lives as we all strive to achieve the goals that we have set ourselves to.