The Importance Of New Year's

The Importance Of New Year's

New Year's is necessary for change in our lives.

3597
The Importance Of New Year's

New Year's only comes around once a year and is one of the most celebrated holidays. It takes up most of the main channels on television, and causes people to do crazy things. It persuades people make promises and encourages change. There is a sort of magic in the air once that dome is dropped from the sky. Here is why New Year's is my favorite holiday.

Everyone gets excited for this holiday. Young and old alike. It brings people together in a very cheery fashion, and there is a buzzing excitement all around. There are numerous parties that are held on New Year's Eve. Some are formal, having its guests dress up in gowns and dance on a ballroom floor while sipping champagne. Others are less formal, shown by the t-shirt and jeans worn by its guests who sip on beer while their children run around playing games. No matter what the party scene looks like for you, there is always a party...even if your party is going to bed early in an empty house.

One of the reasons I like New Year's is because it asks people to reflect back on their lives, on themselves, and find their flaws. It's a very scary thing to do: discover for yourself and in yourself the things that you wish were different. You know what though? We all have flaws. We shouldn't be ashamed of the things that make us human, but it is always a good idea to try to be a better you. Now, I know that resolutions have a bad reputation, but only because of the people who make them. They probably became worried that they could never change the bad that they saw in themselves. What they didn't see, though, was that just a small step in the right direction might be all that's needed.

Not only do we add on a bunch of new resolutions like dieting, exercising, and losing weight, but we also try to get rid of things that we don't need in our life. We try to get rid of clothes that we never wear. We delete the people on our Facebook who we will never talk to. We try to detox out the negative things in our life. We might even physically detox. The truth is, one of the most beneficial things we can do for ourselves is to let go of negative thoughts we may have about someone, ourselves, or some concept. We need to let go of the negative people and negative relationships in our lives. It's hard, and it feels like it kills you inside, but it's all for the best.

So, let's hope that this upcoming year will be better. Let's work hard to make ourselves a little better. Grab some people you love, and celebrate the hope of the future because you could make it a little brighter.