The Images Tug At Your Heartstrings, But What Can You Do To Help?
Politics

10 ways that you can help victims of Hurricane Florence

127
https://www.pexels.com/photo/adult-aged-baby-care-226616/
Photo by icon0.com from Pexels

Early on September 14th, Hurricane Florence made landfall south of Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina and moved inland from there, leaving a path of destruction. Florence downed trees, caused flooding, and set off tornadoes. At this point, damages are estimated to be at least 17 million dollars. It is also estimated that at least 36 people have died due to Hurricane Florence. More than one million people have had to evacuate their homes, and it is unknown as to when and if they will be unable to go home.

The statistics are sobering, but what can you do to help? Lots actually! Here are xx ways that you can help victims of Hurricane Florence:

1. Donate to the Red Cross.

Even though Red Cross is already working hard to help victims of Hurricane Florence, they can still use your help! Donate here.

2. Donate blood.

Whenever there's a crisis, hospitals will almost always find themselves short on blood. Find out how you can give a life-saving gift here.

3. Donate to the Humane Society.

Thousands of animals have been harmed by Hurricane Florence. The Humane Society is working hard to help save them. Find out what you can do to help out too here.

4. Donate or join Habitat for Humanity.

Whether you donate money or help rebuild homes destroyed by the hurricane, Habitat for Humanity will appreciate your help. Find out more here.

5. Donate to the United Way Hurricane Florence Relief Fund.

United Way has dedicated a specific fund just for hurricane relief. Donate here.

6. Donate to the Diaper Bank of North Carolina.

This organization is dedicated to supplying families with young children diapers and other needed supplies. Donate here.

7. Add one dollar or more to your order at 7-Eleven.

7-Eleven is partnering with the American Red Cross to raise funds to help victims of Hurricane Florence. Find out more about their fundraiser here.

8. Donate to Save the Children.

Save the Children is dedicated to providing for children around the world who are impoverished or who have been affected by national disaster. Find out more about their Hurricane Florence relief fund here.

9. Donate through Sprint's Text-To-Donate program.

If you're a Sprint customer, you can text a variety of different codes to donate. Find out more here.

10. Volunteer to help storm victims.

Help clear waste, rebuild homes, even deliver food or medicine. Find out more about how you can volunteer to help storm victims here.