The Horror of Redecorating

The Horror of Redecorating

It is all fun and games, until you have to redecorate your room.

43
The Horror of Redecorating
menshealth.ro

Redecorating sounds fun, right? I always enjoyed redecorating rooms, finding new room decor, and overall freshing up my space. This week I realized how truly annoying renovating/ redecorating is. Finding everything to perfectly match and in the right size can drive someone nuts. What is so annoying about redecorating, you make ask?

1. Completely emptying out your room. This is such a struggle, but within this struggle you realize how much useless stuff you have.
  2. Not having your own room during the renovation process. I love coming home, closing my door, and escaping reality... Well, not when you are roomless.
  3. Not having your warm cozy bed. Oh how I miss my bed.
  4. Having a painter who does not listen to you. I want MY room done a certain way and if I am paying you money then please meet my requirements.
  5. Picking a new room color. Thinking you really like the mint color you saw online only to realize it will look horrible with your dark wooden doors.
  6. Finding room decor that is not tacky. Most room decor is so basic these days. The same puzzle watches, quote paintings, and lamps.
  7. Finally finding room decor you like and it being out of stock. This one is my favorite-- you spend hours looking for the perfect piece to find it only to find out that you need to keep looking.
  8. Finding a chandelier that does not require a lot of assembling. It was always a dream to have a nice crystal chandelier in my room, but the problem with that dream is having to put fifty crystals by hand into your lamp.
  9. Gross. Nasty. Smell. Of. Paint. The whole house smelling like paint and you feel like you are going to suffocate is always fun.
  10. Moving all your stuff back into the room. Like it takes less than a week to redecorate a room, but the struggle of first taking out your stuff and then bringing it back into the room is just UGH.
  11. Not knowing where you want your new room decor to hang. This is hard like do I want it on the right side? Left side? On the ceiling? And finally realizing everything looks tacky and you hate it.
  12. Moving into your new room and being scared to ruin the paint job. Like now you have to fly around your room to be super careful not to chip your new room.

At the end of the day, you score yourself a fresh new room. I cannot begin to think about the struggle it is to renovate a whole house. Not only will that cause many many grey hairs to form, it will also cause a lot of stress, but in the outcome what is more greater than making a space YOURS? Having someone else design your space DUH (just kidding).