The Great Commission

The Great Commission

We are called to do radical things because we serve a radical God.

3
The Great Commission
Jessica Hunter
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the San and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age. — Matthew 28:18-20 ESV

Ever since I was little, I was told that Christians are supposed to tell the world about Jesus. I never really thought much about this. I figured I was doing my part by serving at local soup kitchens and teaching at Vacation Bible School every summer. But recently God really laid this command on my heart. Was what I was doing really enough or was it what I was comfortable with?

God doesn’t call us to live a life in comfort. God calls us to grow his kingdom and impact the world. This is such a scary thought because stepping out of our comfort zones is a terrifying thing to do. But more terrifying to live in a life of comfort then in a life of discomfort. To die knowing you didn’t live your life to the potential God had for you. But just imagine, if you let go and let the creator of the universe radically change your life and use you in ways you never imagined. Taking this leap of faith is the most freeing thing we can do. I never knew true freedom till I abandoned myself and decided to truly follow after Jesus. By doing this God opened so many doors for me to serve His kingdom. When we allow God to use us for what He designed us for we are able to live a liberating life that is full of tremendous joy.

We’re called to do radical things because we serve a radical God. Go out and reach the nations, reach your city, reach your campus, and reach your family. Be bold in your faith and show Jesus to the world. We aren’t called to change the world because Jesus will do that but we are called to spread the love of Jesus to all. To show how he has changed us, to show how he loves us, to show how he loves the people on this Earth.

Therefore, go and make disciples and teach others about Jesus. Spread a radical faith and a tremendous love to the world. Show the world what Jesus has done for you so that it can see the hope that Jesus has for it.