'The Good Place' Is The Most Underrated Show On Television

It's motherforking hilarious.

366
the good place

There is a show on television that does not get the recognition it deserves and that show is called "The Good Place." I love this show so much. It is one of the most creative comedies on TV.

Starring Kristen Bell and Ted Danson, the show follows a girl, Eleanor Shellstrop (played by Bell), who wakes up in the afterlife in this heaven like utopia called "The Good Place," which was designed by Michael (played by Danson). She soon, however, realizes that she was sent there by mistake and actually belongs in "The Bad Place." We then follow Eleanor's adventures with her trying to become a better person while hiding her true identity.

There are so many reasons why this show is so wonderful. The first reason is the cursing. See, in "The Good Place", cursing is not allowed. Instead, certain words that are similar to the curse words are used when a character tried to curse. Some of these examples include fork, shirt, and bench. So if a character is frustrated, they might say "what the fork?" or "that's bullshirt." That's honestly so hilarious and creative. The show airs on NBC which does not really allow intense cursing, but this show has cursing in a way where it actually isn't cursing. That is amazing.

Another reason why this show is so wonderful is because of Janet. Her character is basically a programmed computer guide that is the residents' main source of information who also acts as a personal assistant to them as well. She is basically like Siri or Alexa, but in human form. It is great and her character provides a great comedic relief to an already comedic show. It is even more exciting to see her character develop over time from just a computer guide to even having a heart and emotions.

I think the reason that I love this show so much is because it takes the conventions of an hour-long drama series, such as cliffhangers and plot twists, and puts them in a half-hour comedy, which is something that is very rare in today's television. Each episode ends with a cliffhanger or plot twist which makes the show different than any other comedy and it keeps you hooked and interested in every episode!

I love this show with all of my heart and I encourage everyone to watch it. The first two seasons are available on Netflix and Hulu and the third season will premiere on September 27 on NBC. So what are you waiting for?? Start watching the forking show right now! (see what I did there?)