To The Girl Who Wants To Change Her Life

It's never too late to start over.

73
Taylor Dean

There is a time in everyone's lives where they need a fresh start. A chance to start over. A need or want to change their life. I, personally, have been through this change and it occurred when I transitioned from high school to college. There were so many toxic people in my life and I knew I needed a change.

To all the girls out there that feel the same way, you are not alone. We all find ourselves in that position where we need to start fresh. My wake-up call was when I realized that I was moving on from a life I knew for years and moving away. I knew it wasn't going to be the same and I did something about it so that it wasn't. Now, my life is surrounded by people who build me up, not people who bring me down.

Whether it be that you need a new job, or you need to get out of the place you live or if you need to cut people off from your life, you need to do whatever is good for you. If keeping that person in your life is causing you pain, do something about it and cut them out of your life.

One of the best decisions I made was going out of state to college. It meant that I was free from the demons of my hometown and I was able to start over without any past judgments. Going to a big, public, state university meant that there were at least ten times as many people as my high school. I knew I could start fresh and give myself the change I needed to make myself the me I wanted to be.

In order to be your best self you have to assess your life and if something is making you so unhappy, then change it. If you do not like something, there is nothing stopping you from changing your life. There is no reason you should not be happy and there is no reason to surround yourself with negativity and things that make you genuinely unhappy.

The same goes for self-image. If you do not like something about your body, change it. If you do not like your hairstyle, change it to something that you will like. No one is stopping you from being the best you except yourself. You have a right to be happy and you have a right to be your best self. Don't let anyone stop you from achieving that.

Bottom line, do what makes you happy and if something does not make you happy, change it. If there someone in your life and they are not making you happy, get rid of them. There is no reason that you should be questioning yourself or doubting yourself. You are the only person who knows what's best for you. I hope this helps and I hope you can make the changes you need to be the happiest you can be and be your best self.