An Open Letter To The Girl I Used To Be

An Open Letter To The Girl I Used To Be

Advice to myself I wish I could've said a long time ago.

225

I'm proud of you. You are shy, quiet, and anxious. But you have grown. You are young. Your life has been filled with the typical milestones but you are trying to figure out who you are, who you want to be, and what future you want to have. You have no idea what is coming for you.

Here is some advice for now. Do not worry about anything. Everything that is supposed to come your way will for sure. Take a deep breath. Soon you will be growing up and everything will fall into place! The hardships you have encountered will shape you. Life may seem hard now, but its beauty will unfold.

You will be confident. You are beautiful. You are strong, just like your mother always tells you. All of your life experiences will be a part of your magnificent story. You are on this Earth for a specific reason and there is something for you to do! Go out there.

Do not be shy. I know it might feel easier, but talk to anyone you can. Spread kindness, love, and generosity to everyone you come across in this world. Speak up, get your words out. You deserve to be heard and there are some intelligent thoughts in that head of yours!

Be yourself. It is extremely tempting to fit in and try to be someone who you are not. Although gorgeous models in magazines can give you inspiration, you are not them. Do not be jealous of anyone. You are you! Shine as your natural self, take advantage of all of the opportunities life throws at you. You are capable of so many things.

Never doubt yourself and never give up. Things may be difficult at times but everything turns out great. You have an amazing family and wonderful friends. Enjoy every second of life, you are so blessed! Laugh, dance, make mistakes, do things that make you happy. You can do anything you put your mind to. Be excited. Things will turn out the way you have always wanted. I promise.