Going Back To The Town That Built Me

Going Back To The Town That Built Me

It's not high school anymore.

10
Going Back To The Town That Built Me
elo7

There is a saying, you can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the girl. I completely believe that to be true. I see a lot of traits from both New York and Ohio in me, which is completely contradictory, since one is a huge city, and the other is more country/suburban. I Love shopping and the hustle and bustle of the city, but I love my Ohio food, and the outdoor lifestyle. I was given the wonderful opportunity, of going back to the town I was raised in. I realized that a lot has changed. Not with the town, but with me. I wasn't the same girl that I was in high school, neither were some of the friends that I went to high school with. It was weird even the small stuff like the way I used to eat differed. Every time I go back home I have to eat at the places I used to especially since there only in Ohio, like Roosters, Shades, Genji Go, and Steak and Shake. SO I did and my body wasn't use to me eating like that anymore. Bummer :( .

I was able to hang out with some of the friends that I kept in contact with from High School. In that alone I saw how some changed for the worst, and others for the best. I just couldn't believe it, and then I stepped back for a minute and realized, wait a minute I've changed to. I used to be this hot head, who was emotionally broken, insecure, and not sure of anything.

All I wanted to do was turn up, go out, and make money. I am so happy that I'm not that girl anymore. I've tore down a majority of the walls that were built to protect myself, I am confident with who I am as a person, and that party girl rather stay in and watch Hulu in her bed with a pair of leggings on. I am growing into the woman I envision myself being. No one can define who they think I am, only I define myself. I was heart broken when I had to move away from Ohio.

Now looking back, I never thought I would say it, but I'm happy that it happened. I was able to surround myself with positive people who encourage me. I found out more about myself, and now I know what I want to do with my life. I can grow more now, before I was more focused on what am I going to wear for the club. I couldn't be more happy, God took me out of Egypt, just like he did for Moses, and know I understand that it was for the best, and can't wait to see what else is in store for me.