what's the gay agenda
Identities

You're Right, The 'Gay Agenda' Exists

This is my plan to suck you heterosexuals into the gay lifestyle.

421
You're Right, The 'Gay Agenda' Exists
Facebook, Personal Photo

Since June is pride month, I thought I would lay out the "gay agenda" for you.

I've heard a lot of people who believe there is a gay agenda give their opinions of what it actually is. From gay chemicals in the water, to gay people being the reason for unemployment and immigration problems, I have been shocked of how close to the truth people have come.

I figured it out! I'm going heterosexual to save America! Say goodbye to unemployment! Say goodbye to the immigration issue!

Just kidding, proud to be me. I honestly have no clue as to how I affect unemployment and immigration based on who I love. If someone could explain to me how this conclusion came to be, please let me know. Until then, I am going to sit here in my rainbow socks, my sweatpants and my sports bra.

The most common issue that I have heard people having with lesbians are that "we are all whores." Let me just say, this is SO false. Media warps the image of many groups of people. When you add the image porn creates of promiscuity, the idea of a lesbian being a "whore" comes into play.

This concept doesn't just happen in the LGBTQ+ community, when you hear something about a group from people, media, or anything else, it's like playing "Telephone."

Being in theater throughout high school, I have heard many opinions of what the gay agenda is. From the classic "gay boys are hired to recruit more boys into theater" to "theater is the reason you're a lesbian," I can't help but to laugh.

Here's the thing. Yes, there are LGBTQ+ people in theater. Guess what? We are everywhere, and every other type of person is as well. There is no recruitment in the LGBTQ+ community. If you identify as part of the community, you do. If you don't that is totally okay. Theater has no part of me being a lesbian. I participate in theater not only because I enjoy it, but the enjoyment it gives the audience.

Around 99% of the people I know in the LGBTQ+ community do NOT hate people outside of the community. I absolutely HATE when people assume we do. We just want everyone to be happy. Everyone deserves a place in the world. We want everyone to have the opportunity of happiness.

So, this is what you have been waiting for, my "gay agenda." I want to be able to live my life to the fullest, with my future wife, children and god only knows what else will come into my life. Maybe a dog or cat, both? Possibly several of both?

I want all my friends to have this chance in their lives. One day, I want people to be able to "come out" to their families without being kicked out. One of my friends was physically abused because they came out to their parents. This can NOT happen anymore.

Life is hard for everyone. Why make it harder based on love, gender and everything else. Love is love PERIOD. Love is not love with hate. Love is not just a religion or belief. Human kindness is what will solve the problems in the world, not being something we are not.

So, that's my "gay agenda." I will continue to help people whenever possible, keep being who I am and guide people who are trying to find who they are. Try to stop me, I dare you.