The future of press releases and public relations

110

Online press release content distribution platforms are the future of press release distribution

Technology, communication, and advertising have evolved a lot in recent years. New tools appear, consumers change and, while the market reinvents itself, brands must do the same to build awareness, positioning, and reputation marketing. In the midst of this context, what is the future of press releases and public relations (PR)?

One of the main tools of any good public relations strategy is the press release. That tool that apparently does not seem to have transformed at the same speed as the others. The inboxes of the best newsrooms are full of these documents with which companies and PR agencies fight for editorial space.

It is not for less. The perception of a company, brand or product is the only reality in the minds of consumers. Companies know that for this perception to correspond to reality, they must ensure that they communicate their value proposition clearly and in a timely manner.

Public relations, the future

Through public relations, companies have an opportunity to maximize the reach of their messages. Reputation is one of the most important assets of any brand in the digital age and managing it is not optional. That means that any brand that wants to stay alive for years to come needs a solid strategy in this area.

Hence the importance of having the best tools, not only to build an effective press release but to distribute it efficiently.

Build a press release

If we talk about creation, having a team of experts is possibly the best way. They must ensure that the document generated meets the characteristics that the current market demands. Some of them could be:

An inspiring title that the press, the final public, and the brand like Many media will publish your text without making changes, so you must ensure that the information is attractive from the beginning and not kill it from the subject line in the tray. mail.

Images that excite the audience and support a good story: The content that is most shared on digital includes images and/or videos. Make sure you provide the press with enough material to illustrate your story and make it relevant.

Clear and simple language: Avoiding technical or overly formal language is an advantage today. Write as if you were speaking to the final audience.

An attractive context. Don't assume that the world will automatically be interested in your brand. Make sure to include relevant information and take a look at the topics that interest your audience to hunt down the best time to send your release.

Distribute a press release today

Once the creative work is completed, the complete story must be delivered to the press. You need to make sure that your release clearly answers the basic questions that can be asked on the subject. A piece that has all the features and tools will facilitate the work and increase the possibility of a publication for your brand.

It is the turn of what is currently perhaps the most relevant part of the process: the distribution system.

The future of press releases in the digital environment

The help of the best communication experts will be irrelevant unless you have an excellent distribution tool. The traditional way of doing this is through databases built over the years by public relations personnel.

This system currently presents a series of fundamental problems, among them the fact that when approaching a new market, it is necessary to hire a local agency or build a base from practically zero. Then you will come across the pitfall of segmentation; Is your information reaching the most appropriate newsrooms? Would the agency databases be completely up-to-date?

As with advertising, the future of public relations today lies in the support of digital tools.

Content distribution platforms such as Comunicae were born to help companies effectively spread their press releases among national and international media. Why? How do they achieve this? What differentials are obtained?

Advantages of using an online distribution tool

As with the most successful online tools, usability and intuitive handling are essential. In this platform, companies can write their message, contract a tailored delivery, and guarantee a certain number of mentions in different media segmented by categories. In addition, links, images, and videos can be included in the content!

Until recently, these types of services were only available on the European market; today its headquarters have spread to Mexico, Chile, Colombia, and Peru where brands with a vision of the future have not been slow to take advantage of it.

Using their services, the sending and receiving of information in the newsrooms is guaranteed. The segmentation covers more than 90 categories and 7,000 receivers, in the case of Mexico.

This new way of doing PR ensures relevance in the messaging exchange: newsrooms obtain quality information related to its source and companies ensure that their communications are being read by the correct public.

Of course, the next question is mandatory: How do we measure the success of shipments?

The tool gives you the power to carry out an accurate measurement of the results since it is possible to have an impact report, including clipping of mentions that allows you to know which media have published the note and even how many mentions it receives on social networks.

How accessible or expensive is it to do this?

The answer is that it fits the pocket as there are different types of shipping, each with a price. All shipments include distribution to all recipients, but the price varies depending on the means that ensure the mention. Here it should be noted that publication on such prestigious channels as El Universal or Notimex can even be guaranteed.

Online press content distribution platforms are the future of press releases, public relations, and therefore, one of the best allies in reputation marketing. Brands wanting an efficient strategy will need to quickly become familiar with them and make the most of them.

Is your brand ready for the future ... or will you keep sending simple emails hoping to get published?