To The Friend Who

To The Friend Who

“I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.”

11
To The Friend Who

To the friend who convinces me to get out of bed on the hard days by suggesting I take to the couch instead, and sits there with me so that I am not alone even if it’s in silence.

To the friend who gets me out of every bad awkward situation, and usually even notices/senses it before I do, and both laughs with me for the funny ones.

To the friend who always makes sure to eat lunch or dinner with me even if we aren’t eating the same thing, and even cooks it half of the time, so that I never eat my meal by myself.

To the friend who I can talk about literally anything with, no matter how casual or serious: from our religious beliefs or politics to “what ever happened to Honey Boo Boo?”

To the friend who texts me to make sure I’m okay when I don’t get to our class before her, or if I don’t return within a 10-minute time frame than usual.

To the friend who calls the counseling center when I’m not okay, even if she makes them come to my room at 8:00 at night right after I get stuck in an elevator without my knowledge.

To the friend who doesn’t take it too hard or personally when I cancel plans or say no to ones she’d like to go do because I’m too sad or too tired or too whatever it is this time.

To the friend who will agree to leave early from the plans I for once decided to go agree with when she can sense I’m worn out or anxious.

To the friend who sits and listens to all of my absolutely bizarre dreams or the things I saw/heard that swore was real. “Did you hear that?”…“No”…“Shit”…*mutual laughter* is a recurring conversation between us.

To the friend who leaves me notes before we go on break sand always makes sure I get home okay, and listens to me talk about my entire weekend once I’m back or reads my novels of texts during.

To the friend who always makes sure I eat, even if it’s convincing me to get pizza for the 5th meal in a row or an entire bowl of Cheetos, and suggests that I also get chocolate milk for later since she knows it cheers me up.

To the friend who is my rock, my light, my compass, my chef, my therapist, my mom, my sister, you are a forever friend.

Thank you for being you, today and every day.