How Queenie Goldstein Made Me a Better Person

Just a few of the reasons why Queenie Goldstein is the best character of all time.

1209
Warner Bros. Pictures

As a major Harry Potter fan, the release of the film “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” filled my heart with extreme joy. Obviously, most of us know the story of Newt Scamander, but I think we were all in for a wonderful surprise when there was a strong group of characters alongside him. While Tina Goldstein was pretty great, her sister Queenie, was the one that instantly became my favorite character in the film.

Much like myself, Queenie beats the stereotype of the girl with only the good looks while her sister has the brains. We all have those fictional characters we aspire to be, and here are just a few of the reasons that Queenie is mine.

1. She’s a force to be reckoned with

Though many see her as the stereotypical, blonde bimbo, Queenie has the gift of ‘Leglimency,’ the power to not only know what one is thinking, but to know what they are meant to discover. She also obtains the ability to posses the thoughts of those she reads, by the gift to know the true desires of the thoughts she sees. Though she may not be able to read all who cross her path, she sees and writes out those who only think of her as another stereotype.

Also, I mean, she helped Newt, Jacob and Tina escape a death sentence, got a ‘no maj’ (Jacob) into the Ministry of Magic and somehow gets everyone out unnoticed in a suitcase... I must say, that’s pretty great!

2. Queenie doesn’t question, she just does

Being neither selfish or hesitant and having the gift of Leglimency, Queenie doesn’t question the actions of those once she knows whether or not to trust them, which is in seconds. For example, she doesn’t put into question Newt and Jacob’s mission. All she asks is, “What’s in it for me?”

Her character also has a big heart and compassion for those in need, once she knows their true intentions, of course. Plus, I don’t really think you would want to be one who gets on her bad side.

3. Culinary skills don’t come easily for everyone

Though we haven’t tasted them, seeing the beauty of her baking process in the film left all of our mouths watering! Even, Jacob Kowalski, who is a baker himself, seemed pretty impressed by Queenie’s culinary abilities.

4. She loves with her entire heart

Queenie is one who can completely trust those who she chooses to have around her. There’s no doubt that she knows who exactly she can and can’t trust, thus giving her the ability to love fully and completely with her heart. She is also permissive, because she knows that those who she trusts only make errors by legitimate mistake.

5. Even in dark times, she obtains the ability to keep things light

Trust me, if you’ve taken the time to actually watch “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” you probably are aware that the film goes from zero to 100 real quick. The movie grows extremely dark as chaos ensues throughout New York. In these times of turmoil, Queenie keeps things in a lighter perspective with her charisma and sweet sense of humor. Her character is also used to show the goodness that still remains, even in times of trouble.

Though this may seem crazy or repetitive, but just because one has good looks does not mean you should take advantage of them. I know it may seem ridiculous to wish to be a fictional character, but Queenie Goldstein has won over my heart, and I aspire to obtain her good, loving heart, and of course her other abilities too!