Final Countdown

Final Countdown

What happens throughout the last few weeks of the semester.

28
Final Countdown

Now that Thanksgiving break is over, it is time to gear up for the final stretch of the semester. Currently, I am feeling several emotions: Overwhelmed, anxious and nervous to name a few. Yet, despite these ubiquitous feelings in the pit of my stomach and that pesky little voice in the back of my head that is telling me I have failed everything, I know I must pull myself together and finish this semester strongly. As someone who becomes very anxious at the prospect of her future, I need to constantly remind myself that the semester isn't over yet and that I still have control over the tiny (and probably insignificant) fraction of my future that is these next three weeks. Below, I have compiled a list of what will most likely happen in my life over the next few weeks.

1. The Sunday after break

Ah, arriving on campus from a restful four-day break. The bags under your eyes have disappeared, your room is freshly stalked with potato chips, Cheetos, and Ramen and you think to yourself, "Yeah, OK...I can survive these next few weeks."

2. That Monday night

Not in the good way. After your first full day of classes, you begin to realize how much work you actually have to do in less than a month.

3. The Wednesday after break

The bags under your eyes have resurfaced. And after hours of staring at your computer screen, you can't seem to blink like a normal person because your eyes are so dry.

4. The first Friday after break

You begin to question everything; the only thing you are sure of is that you would rather be anywhere but here.

5. Saturday

You wake up super early, having slept well the night before and hit the library where you stay glued to a hard wooden chair until dinner time.

6. [That] Saturday night:

You know this is probably the last night of the semester you can afford to have some fun. So treat yo' self!

But stay away from the "snake juice"... you have to wake up early tomorrow, too.

6. Sunday

Before you know it, it's Sunday: The beginning of the LAST week of the semester. And you feel like you just got hit in the face by its unexpected arrival...seriously, where did the time go?

7. The last day of the semester

At first, you're ecstatic:

But then you remember there is still finals week to look forward to:

9. Reading period

Life gets serious and you're about to kick some butt. You're going to ace these finals!

10. Finals week

It's the night before finals and you know there is nothing you can do now but hope for sleep to come and maybe pray for a little luck.

11. Last day of finals

Run. And run far.