Why Everyone Should Take The Enneagram Test

10 Self-Discoveries You Make When You Take The Enneagram Personality Test

All about the enneagram test and how it can change your life.

1075
Avery Owens

According to the enneagram test, I am a "one wing two." Those of you who are enneagram fanatics suddenly know so much more about me. On the other hand, those of you who have no idea what the enneagram is are completely lost.

I am not claiming to be an enneagram expert at all. I have not read the books, and I only recently jumped on the bandwagon. I am a newbie who is slowly learning more about the test every day. Here is what I do know — the enneagram test is a series of questions that allows one to gain a better understanding of himself and how they interact in relationships with other people.

The test assigns you a "type," and from there you can learn so much about yourself. Your "type" helps you discover your weaknesses, strengths, tendencies under stress, tendencies under growth, what type your most compatible with... the information is endless.

Ever since I have been introduced to the test, I have experienced so much personal growth. The test is both convicting and freeing. It allows you to appreciate the way that Jesus has created you, and it highlights the sin that you can pray against. Here are some reasons that I believe everyone should take the test:

1. It improves your self-awareness

2. You gain insight into others' tendencies and habits

3. You learn how to improve the relationships around you

4. You know what sins to pray against in your life

5. You know what gifts to thank God for

6. You are alerted of potential issues between two types and how to avoid such conflict

7. You gain an appreciation for who you are

8. You become more understanding towards others

9. You experience personal growth

10. You have so much to learn about yourself and others, which can be exciting

Related Articles Around the Web