The End To Traditional Office Spaces

The End To Traditional Office Spaces

Millennials have re-imagined the workforce to be a more comfortable and inviting area.

215
The End To Traditional Office Spaces
PEXELS

According to Erik Dolan-Del Vecchio, millennials make up millennials make up one-third of the work force. This means their voices and visions are constantly influencing the way business function. The traditionally styled office has reached its expiration date, and it's time to incorporate something new to keep business effective in the modern world.

Millennials have re-imagined the workforce to be a more comfortable and inviting area. Googleplex is an example of how companies are changing to modern styles. Before businesses would use cubicles or your basic desk and chair alone in a room, but now, offices are designed to be open spaces that invite collaboration.

Another change in the office format is co-working and ”shared” office spaces. This is where multiple different businesses share a work space. According to Forbes, the recent rise of this office model trend is due to millennials, predicting more than 26,000 spaces by 2020. These shared offices are an effective millennial creation because they are cheaper than full-office businesses, and since it is a rented space, maintenance is done by the owner, so fewer responsibilities; and it creates networking opportunities between businesses.

Millennials have created these offices because they share the dream of entrepreneurship, and these spaces make startups easier. Also, according to a Nielsen Survey, 62 percent of millennials want to live in the city, so the offices are located in urban areas where they are easily accessible,

By changing the traditional office space, we step out of the uniformity of Generation X's work space and into the conventionalism of the new age and more efficient businesses.