the drunk person at a concert

An open Letter To The Drunk Person At A Concert

Save the booze for the bar and enjoy the concert without a drink in your hand the entire time because you'll probably have a better experience.

1384
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marfis75/3272079115

There are three types of people you meet at concerts: the happy-go-lucky fan who's having the time of their life dancing and screaming the lyrics at the top of their lungs, the person who would rather be elsewhere and last but not least, the intoxicated person stumbling everywhere.

Concert venues typically make a majority of their profit in two ways: ticket sales and alcohol. Almost if not every concert venue sells alcohol at concerts, and while I'm all for having a drink or two with my friends, I never understood why people get so intoxicated at concerts to the point where they'll wake up the next morning without a memory from the night before.

What's the point of going to a concert if you're going to drink so much you can't handle yourself?

What's the point of going to a concert if you're going to drink so much you're stumbling into people and can't even enjoy the show yourself because you have your head hanging over a toilet or you're passed out in your seat?

People go to concerts to dance and sing along to songs performed by their favorite singer/band. People go to concerts to forget their everyday worries and let loose for a few hours. People go to concerts because it's their one opportunity to get just feet away from their favorite singer/band. They don't go to concerts to get a drink spilled on them by some drunk person. They don't go to concerts to leave aggravated and annoyed that someone was acting like an idiot during the entire concert. They don't go to concerts to get pushed and shoved multiple times because people get so intoxicated they can't handle themselves.

But more importantly, what's the point of getting so drunk you won't remember the concert? What fun is that when concerts only come around every so often and bars/liquor stores are always nearby? There's no shame in having a drink or two during a concert, but why spend a ton of money on concert tickets just to be so intoxicated you won't remember anything? Besides that, have some respect for sober people just trying to enjoy the concert. Not everyone finds drunk people humorous; if we wanted to laugh at pathetic drunks who can't handle themselves we would have gone to the bar.

I'm sure I'll get a few haters who say "Oh, you're missing out" or "You just need to live a little," but seriously, save the booze for the bar and enjoy the concert without a drink in your hand the entire time because you'll probably have a better experience—an experience you'll ACTUALLY REMEMBER. If you can't go to a concert without getting drunk then you shouldn't even buy tickets because it's a waste of your money and it's disrespectful to the people who just want to enjoy the concert and can't because you're acting like an idiot.