The Difference Between Lipo Laser and Liposuction

Lipo Laser

3

When it comes to a lipo procedure, there are many different aspects and techniques to consider. Advancements in technology are continuously permitting new methods related to body contouring and excess fat removal. For those trying to choose between traditional means and laser liposuction procedures, you can find pros and cons to both. In this short article, we will outline the fundamentals of each assured of providing patients with the information necessary to create an educated decision.

Excess Fat Removal

Generally, the standard techniques are found in the removal or large levels of fat, whereas laser-guided techniques are employed for smaller quantities. The laser beds technique will smooth your skin area and contour the shape of your body in patients who are healthier with minimal cellulite, but who have not had the opportunity to rid themselves of it through proper diet and exercise.

Technique

Where traditional methods employ the utilization of an invasive tube which suctions the fat out from the body, the laser method uses thermal energy to effectively dissolve deposits in the region that has been designated. This allows for a faster procedure and healing time.

Invasiveness

Laser lipo is a lot less invasive than that of the standard methods. As only minimal insertion is necessary to perform the process, it needs no stitches. There is also typically not as tissue damage, swelling, and bruising post operation. Traditional means require a tube to be inserted into your body, and thus requires stitches and results in much more tissue damage, swelling, and bruising.

Cellulite

Due to the fact that traditional methods are made to remove much bigger levels of fat, there's a more substantial chance that your skin of patients that have undergone the process will show more cellulite. This is despite laser-guided techniques, which act to stimulate collagen production, thus reducing cellulite and enhancing the entire quality of the patient's skin.

Recovery

As mentioned prior, since traditional liposuction techniques are generally much more invasive and traumatic to your body, the recovery time is a lot longer for patients who undergo the process than those who choose laser methods. Whereas traditional lipo patients might be required in which to stay a hospital bed overnight, followed by two to three weeks of rest, laser patients are generally able to return home the exact same day, and return to their work routine a few days afterward.

To discover more about your alternatives pertaining to this exciting procedure, the very best option is to schedule an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon. He or she will best be able to give you a set of options and recommendations concerning your specific situation, while addressing any questions or concerns you may have.