The Deletion of Cyberbullying

The Deletion of Cyberbullying

The dangers of the internet have become far too extreme, and we must put a halt to them.

9
The Deletion of Cyberbullying
Word Pulse

Being a part of a generation that is exposed to all of the glitz and glam of technology is not as glamorous as it seems to be. The prominent use of social media platforms has skyrocketed over the years, so much to the point that it is an unhealthy obsession. Individuals that choose to be involved on social media platforms are often subjected to a different atmosphere, a distorted version of reality altered by the online media culture. Applications such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter are a few among the many platforms that individuals in today's society use primarily as a method of communication. Having these platforms accessible on cellular devices may be convenient, however there are some coinciding hazards that must be taken into account.

On a daily basis, people are impacted by the uncertainties lingering within the internet. Cyberbullying is one of the most prevalent reasons why people need to be cautious when using social media websites. A fair amount of cyberbullying cases often go unnoticed and overlooked solely because the victim is too timid to share what happened with others. For example, there are people that will create random accounts that do not contain any of the same information that would be presented on their personal account. Whether it is on a networking website, a blog, or a dating application, some people attempt to portray that they are someone far different than who they truly are. Due to this occurrence, people must be tentative about what they post, their privacy settings and who they talk to in order to delete cyberbullying.

Posts that are offensive, inappropriate, or a cause a substantial controversy are most likely to receive negative comments and feedback. In order to prevent these pessimistic reactions, we should think twice about what we are posting. We should ask ourselves questions like: “Why am I posting this?” “Who is able to see this?” and “Will this put me in any kind of danger?” These simple questions are essential to ask and will determine whether or not the post is worth it. Also, another way to prevent this is to simply disengage from that form of social media.

As for privacy settings, you can adjust who can view your photos, updates and posts. By doing this, there is an automatic decrease in chances of getting cyberbullied. When interacting with others on social media, it is important that we physically know who they are. A person should be extremely vigilant, especially when they have not met the individual they are conversing with in person. It is important to confirm why they are interacting with them to begin with.

We must work together as a whole to enforce the dangers of the internet, the prominence of cyberbullying and the ways to minimize it. There will always be mean people in this world, however, it is our duty to decrease cyberbullying cases, addressing them when they happen, and provide a multitude of ways to delete them as an entirety.