The Deeper Meaning Behind The Movie Cinderella

Cinderella, the story is actually more than just a fairytale!

938

When I was little I really enjoyed watching fairy tales, especially Cinderella. I watched Cinderella so many times that I can't even count how many times I watched it. Many children like watching fairy tales as a kid. However, now when I think about it the movie Cinderella actually has a much more deeper meaning than just being a classic fairytale. Here are four lessons that I have learned from Cinderella thinking about this movie now.

Lesson 1: If you really want something and you work hard for it no one can stop you from getting it.

In the movie Cinderella, the stepmother and the stepsisters did not want Cinderella to go to the ball. They tried to stop her in many ways. They ripped her dress so that she could not go to the royal ball. Thinking of it now that part in the movie teaches a very important life lesson. Cinderella really wanted to go to the royal ball, she did everything she possibly could to go. Even though she did not have a fancy dress like her stepsisters did, she worked hard and sewed her own dress. In the end she was able to go to the ball. This part of the movie shows the audience that if you really want something and you work hard for it you have a likely chance of getting it.

Lesson 2: Small things can lead to bigger things happening in life.

In Cinderella we see how much the glass slipper had so much meaning in the story. The glass slipper was the main object in the story that led the prince to identify Cinderella. The glass slipper is symbolic of small things in life that can lead to bigger things. There are many things we often don't really focus on that can actually lead to bigger things. For example, a person you once said thank you to on the bus for holding the door for you is actually the boss of the company you are going to interview for. Sometimes we don't really focus on these small things here and there but these small things might one day lead us to pursue our future big dreams.

Lesson 3: Your wealth doesn't define who you are as a person.

Wealth is a big theme that was embedded in the movie Cinderella. The stepmother and her family were rich and they had a lot of money. They treated Cinderella as if she was a servant in the house. Cinderella had to do all of the cooking and cleaning in the house while her stepsisters and stepmother constantly tortured her. However, just because Cinderella was not wealthy doesn't mean she did not have any good qualities. Even though Cinderella was not wealthy, she was more caring of others and had a better personality than her stepsisters. Therefore, in the end we see Cinderella being able to get the prince while her stepsisters were not able to because of their ill-mannered attitude and behavior.

Lesson 4: Don't give up when you are in a terrible situation.

The theme of not giving up or losing hope is another idea that was present in Cinderella. When Cinderella was about to go to the ball, her stepsisters ripped her dress into pieces. Cinderella worked so hard to make this dress. Cinderella was crying and she lost hope that she would not be able to make it to the ball on time because she was not ready yet. However, at this point in the story the fairy godmother makes an entry and tells Cinderella that she will be able to make it to the ball on time. In real life, the fairy godmother is symbolic of hope and not giving up when times are difficult in life. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone faces challenges but those challenging times are when we have to be strong and not lose hope because challenging situations help us realize our mistakes.