The Day Before The Semester Starts

The Day Before The Semester Starts

The inevitable is upon us.
95

Another winter break has come and gone. As we begin to mentally groan at the fact that spring semester is starting up, I can’t help but think about how everyone else is preparing for the beginning of the next four months of solid education. A typical day leading up to the spring would probably go something like this:

7am

Here's younger sibling going off to high school (Haha sucker); checks phone and goes back to sleep

11am

Actually wakes up

11:30

Go to kitchen to eat…there’s nothing to eat, like always

12pm

Dressed, looking around the tornado you call a room

12:15

Shove everything into your closet (you won’t see this closet for a while)

3pm

Finish all the chores your parents made you do (since it’ll be their last shot before you leave)

3:30pm

Pack everything that you really need for the semester

4pm

Pack everything that you think you need for the semester

4:45

Load up the car, cramming every bit of stuff that you can in the back

5pm

Say goodbye to the fam, this winter break was a blast

5:30pm

You finally get on the road

5:35

Hit God forsaken traffic

5:50

Still in traffic

5:55

Here comes the rage

6 pm

Long honking

6:15

Yelling ‘MOVE!!!’ at everyone

6:30 pm

You made it to school; lug everything to your place

6:35 pm

Dump everything on the floor; lay on your bed and text the crew to meet up

6:40 pm

No one is coming until 9pm

6:45 pm

Push all your stuff to one side of your room (by the end of syllabus week, itll be organized)

7 pm

Stock the fridge with all your food (Oh yeah! No more sharing)

7:15 pm

Pig out on all the good snacks; look sadly at fridge

7:30 pm

Have a music battle with your neighbor since they are having a party without you

8 pm

Lay on couch and scroll through social media

8:05 pm

Get text from mom about how much she misses you; go back to social media

8:30 pm

Responds back with a “miss you too”

8:35 pm

Change into something cute

8:50 pm

Walk over to dining area to meet up with friends

9 pm

Hug everyone and head inside

9:10

Grab food

9:15

Sit together and talk about eachothers’ breaks

9:45

Finish eating; lay in a food coma for minute

10pm

Everyone heads to your place

10:15

You all chill in the living room

10:20

Someone looks at the clock and the reality sinks in

10:25

Everyone begins to cry because it’s the beginning of another semester and you’re still not a senior

10:30

Talk about you guys are all going to try to do better this semester

10:35

Laugh at the lie you all told yourselves

10:45

Watch Grey's Anatomy (because it’s the best)

3am

You look the clock (damn you should’ve gone to sleep)

4am

Trudge to bed and lay down, closes eyes for what felt like 5 mins

7am

Alarm goes off…it’s the beginning

Good Luck Everyone!