The Countdown Is Real

The Countdown Is Real

Less than 24 days till I become a UGA college freshman

11
The Countdown Is Real
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TOsGAxFcYls/hqdefault.jpg

The days till we go back to college are coming closer and closer, and I know I am not alone in this countdown. As an incoming UGA freshman, I do not move in until August 14th; however, I have friends who are moving in as soon as August 2nd. The fact that we are getting to go to college is so exciting, and I cannot wait to start this next chapter of my life. Here are a few tips I have learned while I have been packing for college.

Get organized

I know it is to figure out exactly what to bring and what you use every day. Trust me I am in the same situation but have found creating a list of what I have found I needed through dorm sites online, friends, etc. on my phone has helped me feel so much more relaxed. Sure, I am not 100% positive I will not need to run out on a late-night Target run but being organized lets me know that I am ready to move out.

BINS are a necessity 

This sounds super random, but bins are honestly the best way to compile your stuff. Not only do you now know where all your stuff is, but also being able to glance over at your bins filled with what you're bringing to college brings comfort that you are going be going in the fall.

Wardrobe 

Start familiarizing yourself with your school's fall calendar. Especially, with the changes in scheduling occurring this will help you be on top of what you need to pack. I know for a fact that I will be needing to do some wardrobe swaps with each changing season as I have too many clothes. Therefore, for right now I am just packing summer clothes as I know it will be hot in Athens.

Communicate with your roommate 

Make sure you talk to your roommate about what they are planning to bring. I know a lot of people who split up the big purchases with their roommates, such as one brings the TV and the other brings a futon and so on. No point assuming your roommate is bringing an item when they have no clue.

Download a countdown app

The days are ticking down till college kids get to go back! Get pumped up and download a countdown app. This year will definitely be different from years' past, but we are going to have a great time starting this next chapter of our lives!