The Consistent Problem With Hollywood

The Consistent Problem With Hollywood

Male indulged, consistent plot lines, and t-shirt and jeans.

90
The Consistent Problem With Hollywood

The world of Hollywood has always been known to be a very exclusive way of alimentation. It’s been said that Hollywood is an utter gold mine and once you strike rich in it - you’re set for a satisfying amount of affluence. Unfortunately, only about 10% of the working actors around the world make it to the point where they can fully financially sustain off of their artistic pursuits.

Such actors like Jennifer Lawrence, Samuel L. Jackson, Will Ferrell, and Matt Damon have all made it to the point of being considered an A-List celebrity full of publicity and fans. These A-List success stories come from either straight luck as with Matthew McConaughey as when he surprisingly bumped into a top casting director at his hotel room who jump-started his career by setting him up to meet with the producer of Dazed and Confused. Or on the contrary, Jennifer Lawrence's who made a successful debut from a unique and powerful persona she always seemed to always portray in her movies and interviews. Most times success stories come from who you know, pure luck and time, or favorably by hard work and talent.

Now many of these A-list celebrities have been in the Hollywood game for quite a prolonged amount of time, one of these actors being Adam Sandler. Adam Sandler's net worth is over 300M and has had many blockbuster hits throughout his reign. Although recent movies by Sandler haven’t even received a 5 or above on one of Hollywood's most considered movie reviewers, like IMDB. This might due to Adam Sandler (and most of Hollywood's) firm habit of making the same plot lines in each movies. Many of the top money making movies always seem to be high thrilling action movies made by Marvel or another cheap stake comedy or horror film that most of the public has already seen.

Another reason for Sandler's downfall, is because of his firm belief of masculinity and the way he views women in the industry. During many of his movie releases, he allowed the males in the cast to wear just t-shirts and jeans but forced the females to wear tight dresses and heels.

Unfortunately this might not be a surprise to some, has many recent controversies have been surrounded by the male indulged and double standard, Hollywood game. Not to mention, thousands of females from the industry have recently come out to admit that many directors, producers, even fellow actors around them, have sexually assaulted them outside of the set.

It took many a few years for each female too come out and admit what happened. For there was a firm belief by each that the people running the industry would 1) not believe them 2) degrade their place and say it was their fault or 3) not do anything to fix such a drastic diffidence in gender standards. The typical response is usual, "Well, what can we actually do? It already happened, let's just move on."

Unfortunately it's not that easy. Being sexually assaulted on either side is a downfall to the human condition and needs to be recognized no matter who did it or why. Situations like sexual assault scar individuals mentally and physical for excruciating, long periods of time.

The simple fact is that females around the world, in every industry really, are being viewed as toys or a simple object to enjoy. Looks are not to be deceived. One of the main issues is the lack of change and empathy coming from the male indulged communities. This stronghold stigma must be changed by the upcoming generations in order for the world to be led in a prospering way.