At the beginning of winter break, I decided that I wanted to find another comedy to watch after finishing Brooklyn Nine-Nine with my boyfriend during the semester. I had tried watching Parks and Recreation before but, like usual, life started to get busy and I had to put it back onto the shelf for a later time. I've finally decided to pick it back up, dust it off, and start the series all over again.
And since starting it I can tell you that one of my favorite characters is, of course, Ron Swanson. As I continued the series, I've found that Mr. Swanson has many moments that perfectly tell the story of every college student. Here are some of those moments:
1. When you come to the realization that the short break of not really having homework has ended and now you have mountains of it that you have to get through.
It's at least pretty close to it.
2. We've all been there where we thought we could pull an all-nighter. You discover in your 11 am class that while you might have made it through the night, the next day won't be as easier.
We may think we've learned our lesson, but you have to accept that it's going to happen all over again.
3. When you spent hours on a paper then you realize you forgot to save.
It's beyond frustrating and disheartening when your computer freezes and 6+ hours of work is gone. Everyone has had it happened to them at one point. I refuse to have it happen to me again.
4. When it's Friday night and you ignore the fact that you have 3 papers, 4 exams, 2 quizzes and 3 labs all due the next week.
After going through the week in the constant state of stress, everyone needs that Friday night off from doing homework.
5. The look you give your roommate when you wake up 10 minutes before your class.
We've all booked it across campus to make it to a class on time. I did it once and now I have at least 4 alarms set every time I close my eyes.
6. There is always that one class every semester that you don't know what is happening. Ever.
It'll be okay, you got this. You can get through it. That's what Google is for.
7. When you never really know how much money you have.
Plot twist: It's usually none.
8. When you're sick, but don't want to admit it.
With the amount of everything we have to do, the last thing we want to do is to admit that we're sick because then work starts to pile up.
9. When you finally sit down to have food for the first time that day after you skipped breakfast...and lunch...
Sometimes we just don't have time to have food throughout the day.
10. To keep your sanity in tack, you have to start a little thing that I like to call prioritizing.
I'm a perfectionist and I've always hated the "it's good enough" state that we get into about an assignment. While I still hate it, sometimes good enough is really just good enough.
11. Don't disturb a napping college student.
Ron Swanson. Friend. Boss. Outdoors enthusiast. College student in disguise.