The Cheap Traveler

The Cheap Traveler

5 affordable flights for those on a limited budget.

16
The Cheap Traveler
pinterest.com

“The world is a book and those who do not travel only read one page of it.” Travel broadens the mind and can be life altering. Have you ever dreamed of traveling the world? Going to foreign lands, exploring different cultures. It may seem out of your reach, especially as the price for plane tickets continue to rise. However, it is not out of your reach like you may think. Finding cheap flights is the first step to securing affordable travel. Travel along with the experiences and memories gained therefrom is truly priceless.

Having an open mind of where to travel to can allow you to travel more than one who is determined to go one place at one certain time. Using Google Flights Explore from Washington D.C., one of the most easily accessible cities in the country, here are 5 of the cheapest international flights. (Side note: Prices are constantly fluctuating and the time of year can change the prices significantly as well.)

1. Bogotá, Columbia- $393 Round Trip.

Bogota is the capital city of Columbia located in South America. It is a beautiful city in the midst of the Andean mountains, full of both historic and modern aspects. There are several famous churches with grand architecture, such as the Church of La Candelaria and the Cathedral of Columbia (pictured above). Being near the mountains, there are plenty of adventurous things to do, hiking especially popular. In recent years security and safety of the city has greatly improved, making this a new up and coming destination for an affordable price.

2. Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)- $554 round trip.

Dubai is the most populated city in UAE and has rapidly grown into as their economy has skyrocketed due to the oil industry. There are unlimited things to do in the city of Dubai from going to the top of the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, or skydiving over nearby islands. Dubai is full of adventure excursions including camel racing, hot air balloon rides, scuba diving, and desert safaris. This city holds something for everyone.

3. Reykjavik, Iceland- $558 round trip.

Reykjavik is a laidback city and the capital of Iceland, making it the most northern capital city in the world. This is city is full of unique history and offers very different experiences depending on the time of year you travel. Some things to do in Reykjavik include Nautholsvik geothermal beach, Hallgrimskirkja church tower, and Hofsstadir historic Viking longhouse. Many festivals also occur here throughout the year.

4. Moscow, Russia- $617 round trip.

Moscow is the most populated and capital city of Russia. Despite many people’s aversions to traveling to Russia, Moscow is one of the safer parts. Traveling in a group and paying attention to the advice of the US Department of State can assure your safety. Some popular experiences in Moscow include “The Kremlin” and the Red Square. Famous opera and ballet performances are also abundant. Medieval and modern are combined into one single destination.

5. Copenhagen, Denmark- $664 round trip.

Copenhagen is a cute little city situated in the heart of Denmark. It is on the coast and offers a relaxing atmosphere full of art museums, gardens, and authentic restaurants. There are also historic Rococco architecture, several castles, and Dyrehavsbakken, the world’s oldest amusement park. The city is also a mere half hour from Sweden. Copenhagen is a cheap destination that is worth every penny.

These are just a few of the many destinations that have affordable flights and can give you the opportunity to travel the world on a budget. If the world really is a book, make sure you try to read every page.

From Your Site Articles